Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see I plethora of bolts, turbos, and lightweight mods for the engine, but does anyone have any leads on stronger transmissions, half shafts, etc?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
I see I plethora of bolts, turbos, and lightweight mods for the engine, but does anyone have any leads on stronger transmissions, half shafts, etc?

Not that I have heard or read thus far... not too many people are interested in paying around $10k for a performance trans on a FWD 185HP car.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that I have heard or read thus far... not too many people are interested in paying around $10k for a performance trans on a FWD 185HP car.
That's a shame. Only thing I've seen is 2 and 3 stage clutches. I can't reason throwing a turbo on a motor and not getting a stronger tranny. Trying to make a 10 sec dart is proving harder than I thought.

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
That's a shame. Only thing I've seen is 2 and 3 stage clutches. I can't reason throwing a turbo on a motor and not getting a stronger tranny. Trying to make a 10 sec dart is proving harder than I thought.

I mean i guess... you dont need a new trans to have a turbo on an n/a car (unless its auto)... Call Road Race Motorsports and see what they can do for you... but ill tell you right now, it probably going to cost almost 3x what that car is worth. and at that point you can go buy a different car with better capabilties.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts