Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I bought my dart (1.4 ralley manual trans) in June. When I first got the car I came out of a parking lot and the shift cables popped out of their retainer on top of the trans. I popped them back in and it was fine after that.
I took a trip to my hometown and when I got there I went to shift in to reverse and it didn't go in gear. The car was then only able to get into 3 gear. I limped it to my parents house where it stayed for a couple of weeks since I had to get back to work.
I replaced the shift cables and was able to use gears 3-6. I limped it again back to my house some 2 hours away.
I replaced the shifter assembly this morning and still do not have reverse, 1st or 2nd gear. When I try to put it in reverse it feels like I'm trying to push against a wall instead of into gear.
Any idea of what's wrong?
Many thanks, and apologies for the long post and if this has been covered before.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replaced the shifter arm with the one from Deyeme racing today. The original arm with the bushing was rotten. I go to put the car in first and it puts it 3rd. Still no reverse or second. The only thing I can think of is that the shift fork is broken or skipped/slipped some how. Has anyone else had this problem? Car only has 63,000 miles on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts