Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As many people have figured out over the years, the DDCT on the Darts have had problems. My girlfriend owns a 2013 1.4l Turbo with the DDCT. As of about 3 weeks ago, she had the recall done that was affecting the transmission shifting into neutral randomly. Before this she only had one occurrence of the transmission revving at high RPMs why sitting at a light. Now that the recall has been completed the car has fallen into neutral on two separate occasions. After towing to the dealership the first time they refilled the hydraulic fluid figuring that it was slightly low causing the problem. One day later the same problem occurs. The dealership continues to say they can't duplicate the problem. Has anyone heard if the recall is causing any issues. I'm at a loss, and at this point I don't think the dealership is going to take her seriously.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
The recall was only to change the bushing for the shift cable where it connects to the trans. Shifting itself into neutral could be a motor/trans mount issue. As the powertrain moves on braking or acceleration, worn mounts allow excessive movement. It could also be an internal DDCT problem. The DDCT is difficult to work on and I could see why the dealer techs are avoiding it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The recall was only to change the bushing for the shift cable where it connects to the trans. Shifting itself into neutral could be a motor/trans mount issue. As the powertrain moves on braking or acceleration, worn movements allow excessive movement. It could also be an internal DDCT problem. The DDCT is difficult to work on and I could see why the dealer techs are avoiding it.
I figured it wouldn't be the recall, just seemed odd that the issue it was suppose to fix is now happening.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
If the hydraulic reservoir is losing fluid, it needs to be determined where that fluid went. There was a recent thread about hydraulic fluid loss, post #12 on:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts