Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the automatic 6speed duel dry clutch transmission in the 2013 1.4L turbo dart? Used or new all info would be great information on installing used unit weather the programming went okay been told there was problems getting the used units to mate with another vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
4,803 Posts
Has anyone replaced the automatic 6speed duel dry clutch transmission in the 2013 1.4L turbo dart? Used or new all info would be great information on installing used unit weather the programming went okay been told there was problems getting the used units to mate with another vehicle.
Used should be fine. I don't believe the PCM or TCM will need to be changed. I have not actually gone through an engine change but I am pretty sure they just bill for the new transmission.

·
Super Moderator
3,284 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My vin is 1C3CDFBH9DD268961. Having trouble figuring out what transmission I need or if the AYS matters or what it means.
Automatic Transmission 1.4L turbo ID 68033640 or Automatic Transmission 1.4L turbo ID 68190252 (opt AYS)

·
Super Moderator
3,284 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had mine replaced a couple months ago unfortunately i sold my dart last week but its was $4000 with labor but i got a brand new transmission with a warranty and a stronger clutch

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah they want 7700 to put a new one in of course out of warranty and been unable to find a used 1.4L so a new car it is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i would just go new car i got mine replaced and then other things started going bad , definitely not a good experience at one point i just got tired and traded it in for an mk3 audi tt definitely worth it !! All the best !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, that's where I'm at now was hoping to get it running better before trading it off but it is what it is.
Looking at a Chrysler 300 S

·
Super Moderator
3,284 Posts
Sometimes I think a dealer is more interested in selling you another car than fixing your old car and intentionally over estimates the cost of fixing it in order to sway your decision. You should have at least got an estimate for a trans replacement from another dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I know what you mean. I did 2 other places transmission shops 5500 for new unit 1500 to install.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I personally try to avoid deals when it comes to repairs for that reason because they will then sit there and let you spend money like that when a lot of times they're doing extra stuff not need to be done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have not been around as our Darts with DDC could not handle SF hills in traffic. We were blowing through a Trans every 35k and taken out of service. At this point I would think a Trans replacement would be a bad decision. Labor intensive and Dealer setup is required. Often a new TCM is required to proceed. Just not worth the investment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts