Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealership said I have a bad ground or my TMC needs replaced it's already had the update for years back it is a 2013 Dodge Dart Limited with dual clutch transmission. However the problem is it continues to go into neutral on random events no telling when it'll happen that's why I brought it to the dealership my question is I have a parts car with the same transmission same year it's not a limited but it still has a dual clutch transmission can I take the transmission control module out of that one and put it in mine without much difficulty? Trying to save money I'm disabled on a limited income thank you in advance

· Administrator
6,301 Posts
The electronic modules in the Dart are married to each other with the VIN. While it will swap no problem, it will not be happy. Even a new TCM will need a VIN write. Not sure if a used one will overwrite.

· Registered
1 Posts
The electronic modules in the Dart are married to each other with the VIN. While it will swap no problem, it will not be happy. Even a new TCM will need a VIN write. Not sure if a used one will overwrite.
Your dart may have a TCM recall for a bracket that has caused this exact problem of car going into Nuetral for no reason. It is safety related recall dealer will replace and repair at no cost if your vehicle is part of recall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.