Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had an issue with their traction control? We had turned ours off and drifted perfectly around a corner on a dirt road and it turned it back on sending our car forward headed towards trees. Luckily for us my husband has quick cat like reflexes and quickly corrected. I can understand this being a safety thing but it could have also totalled my car. Any ideas or input?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The tcs has nothing to do with the asm (active stability control) in these car as far as I know. The tcs just keeps you from wildly spinning the tires. The asm is what keeps her but in line. I find it massively annoying as it promotes big understeer. And there is no way to shut it off with out pulling fuses.

Just take the car somewhere slick. Like a wet tarmac lot. And run up some speed and try a ebrake drift. As soon as you release the ebrake the asm kicks in and you hear it wigging out and the car promptly straightens its self out.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Traction control is there to keep both wheels spinning at the same rate. Call it electronic posi-traction. When you turn it off the wheels grip or lose traction independently. That is why you can drift with it off. With it back on the computer senses the wheel that has lost its grip and equalizes the wheels to keep you in a straight line. I wouldn't want to mess with it while you are maneuvering.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
That's kind of gay. What's the point of a rallye if you can't drive it like you stole it. :(
It's not a rallye car due to its not AWD of RWD. That's why.

Sent from my iPhone using DodgeDart

·
Registered
120 Posts
That's kind of gay. What's the point of a rallye if you can't drive it like you stole it. :(
The government mandates some of the nanny systems and the manufacturer is probably erring on the side of caution since the Dart is not a performance car. If you want a Dart you can drive like you stole it, wait until the SRT comes out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The government mandates some of the nanny systems and the manufacturer is probably erring on the side of caution since the Dart is not a performance car. If you want a Dart you can drive like you stole it, wait until the SRT comes out.
Fair enough

·
Registered
67 Posts
Has anybody successfully disabled the traction control on the dart I have the 16 Manuel and it's a real pain trying to shift from a dig cuz computer trys to work against ur shifting causing a horrible bucking that's super annoying

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Are you sure your bucking isn't the engine mounts?
This is from the FSM but I've never seen the button they mention.

05 - Brakes / Brakes, ABS / Description

TRACTION CONTROL

The traction control system that is part of the Electronic Stability Control (ESC), is an all-speed traction control. All-Speed Traction Control enhances mobility and prevents wheel slip when accelerating on slippery surfaces. It also provides a measure of directional stability control. Using the wheel-speed sensors, it can detect excessive yaw and help keep the car on the intended course, as for instance, when accelerating around a curve.

All-Speed Traction Control is effective up to 85 mph (137 km/h).

The traction control system may be turned off or on by depressing the ESC Off switch button, located near the middle of the dash.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I replaced with polyurethane mounts I pulled esc fuse yes I have a light now but have a hell of a lot more passing power on the freeway as u can't keep the traction control off over 60 mph it's crazy how much engine power u loose in highway speeds used to struggle climbing the mountains on I 17 in Phoenix shouldn't be an issue now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts