Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have their traction control come on a lot? Mine turns on even when I'm not slipping. I had it turn on when I was at a red light this morning. I'm not sure if i should take it to the dealer and let them figure it out or what? It only happens at random times. But we haven't even got snow yet, so I'm not slipping. Just wondering if any of you had some insight on this.

·
Super Moderator
4,830 Posts
Does anyone here have their traction control come on a lot? Mine turns on even when I'm not slipping. I had it turn on when I was at a red light this morning. I'm not sure if i should take it to the dealer and let them figure it out or what? It only happens at random times. But we haven't even got snow yet, so I'm not slipping. Just wondering if any of you had some insight on this.
Is it the traction control or stability control? there are two different lights. Traction control shows the skidding car and OFF below it. Stability is just the skidding car. If it is coming off and on, it's probably stability, and you should get that looked at. Could be something as dumb as a sensor starting to fail. Reason for it coming on and off.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't done anything to it yet. Its bone stock. 24,000 miles. The light comes on at random times. And then will go off after 5 mins or so. Then after I shut the car off and turn it back on, it'll come back on for a little bit. Idk what it is

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
I haven't done anything to it yet. Its bone stock. 24,000 miles. The light comes on at random times. And then will go off after 5 mins or so. Then after I shut the car off and turn it back on, it'll come back on for a little bit. Idk what it is
check out this thread here: http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dod...7-no-traction-control-light-2.html#post372056 @Kellym was able to post up some information that might be able to assist. I would take it in to the dealer and see if they can flash the system up to date as more than likely that is the root cause.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I took it to the dealer a few days ago and wasn't able to get an appointment until today. I was told I'd have it back this afternoon so hopefully everything goes well. I certainly would like to know what is causing this light to come on and off. So when it is fixed, and they let me know what was going on with it, I will share that info with all of you. Nice thing was that it's still under the basic warranty and I have the extended warranty so it won't be at any charge to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What was wrong with the car? I have a very similar thing happening and I’ve changed the battery, camshaft sensor, ordering a crankshaft sensor and next is wiring.

·
Super Moderator
3,984 Posts
That light has nothing to do with the engine so don't be wasting money throwing parts at it. Most likely a wheel sensor, wheel bearing, or even a dragging brake. If you had a scanner that can read all the modules, you might have a better idea where to look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts