Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Unless you want a little old style driving feel and also want to take off faster when you dump the clutch, leave it on. Plus, it's annoying to turn it off every time you turn the car on.
ummmm.... having traction control on makes my dart feel way different when it comes to throttle response and shift feel. So I always drive with it off. Just made it habbit when getting in the car, but I am a very ritualistic person so that stuff comes easy for me. lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Pulling fuse disables whole esc u loose hill assist abs and traction control and hate to say car drives way better without it I just recently put it back in and climbing hills goin up north in Arizona car just struggles with everything enabled only thing I don't like is it knocks out ur Cruse control as well but having the content power delivery is way better and braking power is way better to

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah, I haven’t pulled the fuse but noticed the traction control kicks back on at 60mph. I honestly feel better take off from stopped when it’s disabled. Maybe one of those pedal commanders or a similar product helps with that. I dunno. I’ve heard mixed reviews on them.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I got one really doesn't help u get more whiplash with traction control disabled but fuse is staying out for me and trust me when ur on the freeway u get more engine output in 6th then when it's enabled which is why I was having such a hard time climbing hills I drove it around last night in different situations car is more responsive shift does what I tell it to do it doesn't miss shifts as easy anymore and theirs more of a pull under load. The problem with the petal controllers is the throttle plate becomes to sensitive and causes all sorts of jerkyness even when ur trying to just Cruse on the highway or street even just barely pressing it car reacts to much and causes jerking when ur just trying to coast and this is on the lowest setting

·
Registered
64 Posts
These dart gtsare already pretty jerky. Thanks for the info. I won’t waste my money on that. I think instead I’ll do something real for the performance.

·
Registered
64 Posts
What about the mpx bored throttle body? Know anybody that’s put that on? Looks like an easy install and only a few hundred bucks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think a more long term goal for me is the mpx long tube headers and cat back exhaust. Mass_paul has some pics from an earlier thread. Looks like a lot of work but he says it immediately sounds better. It looks way better with the polished look instead of the gnarly looking stock header.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts