Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the group and looking for some help - I recently bought a project 2014 1.4L 6 speed with 130k miles.

When buying the car it had quite a few oil leaks: oil drain plug threads were AWOL, O-ring was leaking from oil separator, and I thought this was it.

I recently replaced both the oil drain pan and o-ring for the oil separator and I still have oil puddling up on the top of the trans as dripping down the right side of the motor.

Any thoughts? My only thought is to replace the valve cover gasket at this point as I cant see anywhere else where oil would come out on that side of the motor.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Administrator
5,853 Posts
Probably the vacuum pump needs a new gasket.
Font Auto part Circle Art Drawing

Reactions: TBrabant23

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Probably the vacuum pump needs a new gasket.
View attachment 129510
Funny you say this. I was just out there 5 min ago doing some more inspection and I would agree that it seems it is coming from the vacuum pump. Any chance you have the part number or a link to the gasket? I'm having a hard time finding one through any of the normal sites (rock auto, autozone, oriellys). Really appreciate the reply!

EDIT: Looks like the part number is 68140726AC for the gasket. Will get this ordered and installed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
New to the group and looking for some help - I recently bought a project 2014 1.4L 6 speed with 130k miles.

When buying the car it had quite a few oil leaks: oil drain plug threads were AWOL, O-ring was leaking from oil separator, and I thought this was it.

I recently replaced both the oil drain pan and o-ring for the oil separator and I still have oil puddling up on the top of the trans as dripping down the right side of the motor.

Any thoughts? My only thought is to replace the valve cover gasket at this point as I cant see anywhere else where oil would come out on that side of the motor.

Any help is appreciated!
Valve cover just had mine replaced although it could be hydraulic fluid cuz the cap on the top of the hydraulic fluid reservoir isn't tight enough..

·
Registered
908 Posts
The problem I’m having is the even gear clutch is slipping and it shifts hard in those gears, if the clutch slips it throws the set is trans light and I have to shut it down let it sit a minute and then it’s fine. The slipping only happens under hard acceleration. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’ve ran the hydraulic circuit bleed multiple times, clutch position learn and all that stuff.
Funny you say this. I was just out there 5 min ago doing some more inspection and I would agree that it seems it is coming from the vacuum pump. Any chance you have the part number or a link to the gasket? I'm having a hard time finding one through any of the normal sites (rock auto, autozone, oriellys). Really appreciate the reply!

EDIT: Looks like the part number is 68140726AC for the gasket. Will get this ordered and installed.
Hopefully its in stock or a dealer has it. When I needed one a few months ago it was on national back order. One dealership had it and I had to do a 3 or 4 hour round trip to go get it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, replaced the vacuum pump gasket and let the car warm up and it is still leaking from the pump. @alpinegreenneon what is the likelihood that the pump itself is bent/cracked? I inspected it before putting it back on and didnt see anything.

·
Administrator
5,853 Posts
The correct torque for those bolts is 15 ft lbs. You can try a thin bead of RTV like Permatex Ultra black. Be sure to have clean surfaces and don't block the oil holes. Torque it while the RTV is still wet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The correct torque for those bolts is 15 ft lbs. You can try a thin bead of RTV like Permatex Ultra black. Be sure to have clean surfaces and don't block the oil holes. Torque it while the RTV is still wet.
Great idea. I actually have some RTV since I just replaced the Oil pan. Thank you for all of your help, you don't realize how appreciated it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts