Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Mopar still has the touch up paint available for the various Dart colors? I have some small bubbling occurring on the front edge of my hood and want to take care of it before it becomes a real problem. I'm obviously trying to do this more cheaply than taking it to a body shop and getting quoted something like $1200 for a few small areas.

I checked the Mopar site and didn't see anything, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything because I could have been looking in the wrong spot...

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Find your paint code on the drivers door. Google that and you should find a Mopar touch up paint.
For example, my paint colors:
PR3 5163108AB TorRed
PBJ 6102645AB Laser blue

The P** is the paint code and the 9 digit is the Mopar part number. Your Dart hood is made of aluminum so it will not rust. Aluminum can corrode but takes much longer to be a problem.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Find your paint code on the drivers door. Google that and you should find a Mopar touch up paint.
For example, my paint colors:
PR3 5163108AB TorRed
PBJ 6102645AB Laser blue

The P** is the paint code and the 9 digit is the Mopar part number. Your Dart hood is made of aluminum so it will not rust. Aluminum can corrode but takes much longer to be a problem.
Perfect! Will grab that info after I put my kiddo to bed. Thanks for the heads up! Just curious though, what could be causing the paint to bubble? Guess the only way to find out would be to buzz it down, carefully clean it up, and then repaint it.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Edges don't get enough paint during the factory spray. Moisture causes some corrosion and it bubbles. It's common with aluminum hoods.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts