Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 dodge dart GT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it sounds pretty good but it's too loud for my personality. i'm a really quiet dude lol. I would like silent assassin, not beaches of Normandy.

how can I dampen the sound without losing power.

2015 dodge dart gt. any suggestions are appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
2015 dodge dart GT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
might be as basic as replacing the muffler with a quieter one, not sure but just something to look into.
I just don't want to try a whole bunch of different things. I wonder if there is a way to hear how it will sound. I can't afford to experiment.

·
Premium Member
6,458 Posts
I just don't want to try a whole bunch of different things. I wonder if there is a way to hear how it will sound. I can't afford to experiment.
The OEM single exhaust setup is quiet. Other than that, what you're doing is the opposite of what most people want, so there's not a lot of specific advice on quieter exhausts.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I think it sounds pretty good but it's too loud for my personality. i'm a really quiet dude lol. I would like silent assassin, not beaches of Normandy.

Are you sure your exhaust system doesn't have a leak? A stock Dart GT exhaust is not loud at all.

If you put on a more restrictive exhaust muffler you would lose a bit of power.

·
Premium Member
6,458 Posts
Are you sure your exhaust system doesn't have a leak? A stock Dart GT exhaust is not loud at all.

If you put on a more restrictive exhaust muffler you would lose a bit of power.
Not likely unless it's very restrictive. Up to the rear muffler, the single and dual exhaust systems on the Dart are equally restrictive, and at the point where the dual exhaust splits it's not even relevant. Because of that, the OEM dual exhaust doesn't improve performance and the single exhaust doesn't impede it. The dual exhaust just sounds better and louder, whereas the single exhaust is very quiet.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Somebody has probably removed the exhaust resonator. These cars are relatively quiet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts