Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've decided on a must have list of three things for a Dart, it must be a GT in a 6-speed manual with the Sun/Sound package. I've had my eye on one that had exactly that, but sadly I waited too long and it sold. That was the only Dart that came up through the Dodge website that matched my criteria, everything else is automatic. So I turn to you guys with my question, is it still possible to order a specific Dart? I would really appreciate any feedback or insight. Also, to those experienced in ordering specific cars, is it something you can always do or are there conditions? And what is the ordering process like? Where would the car come from? (A factory or a dealer from the same state, another state, etc). Thanks in advance to everyone who helps me out. :)

PS. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum, mods feel free to move it if it is

·
Registered
50 Posts
Go to your local dealer. If you tell them what you're looking for they can search for it and see if there is a vehicle close by that matches your criteria. Otherwise you can order your own vehicle. It should get delivered to your dealership in 1-2 months (mine just took about a month and a half to get here after ordering)

You will probably pay more ordering than if something is on a nearby lot, so I would try to go that route, first.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go to your local dealer. If you tell them what you're looking for they can search for it and see if there is a vehicle close by that matches your criteria. Otherwise you can order your own vehicle. It should get delivered to your dealership in 1-2 months (mine just took about a month and a half to get here after ordering)

You will probably pay more ordering than if something is on a nearby lot, so I would try to go that route, first.
I don't know how accurate the official dodge website is but if it's anything to go by there isn't anything around, which is unfortunate

·
Registered
301 Posts
I don't know how accurate the official dodge website is but if it's anything to go by there isn't anything around, which is unfortunate
The site is correct it gave me the same list that my local dealer did. I have to drive 250 to get my manual gt with sun and tec. Did you try to expand the search distance ? I had no problem getting the dealer to close the deal via email. You might be able to save more getting a car you have to drive or even fly to vs ordering one. Good luck. Sent from my iPhone using DodgeDart

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The site is correct it gave me the same list that my local dealer did. I have to drive 250 to get my manual gt with sun and tec. Did you try to expand the search distance ? I had no problem getting the dealer to close the deal via email. You might be able to save more getting a car you have to drive or even fly to vs ordering one. Good luck. Sent from my iPhone using DodgeDart
The only exact match is 800 miles away. I would consider 200 but that's way too far. I may just wait for a 2015

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
The only exact match is 800 miles away. I would consider 200 but that's way too far. I may just wait for a 2015
My car came from 600+ miles away. My dealership did a dealer trade with the dealership that had it. My dealership trailered a jeep to them and trailered my Dart back. No extra miles on the car and I got exactly what I wanted.

Print out the one you found that is 800 away and bring it to your dealer and see what they can do...

"Yesterday don't mean shit, cause tomorrow's the day that you have to face!"

·
Registered
128 Posts
One advantadge of getting a 2014 is the Cash Back Incentive. It is currently $2000. I don't know if the 2015's will have that. I ordered my 2014 GT (loaded, M/T) on May 8th and it is due next week.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
This is where having a good dealer near you is important. Either they're willing to help you get the exact car you want, or else they just want to sell you what's on the lot or else tell you to have a nice day. I'd rather have the exact car I wanted later than a nice day now, so go in there ready to buy and don't take any bull.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered my GT on the 9th of June. Ordered with standard features and 6M no additional packages. Cuda69 how are you tracking your build / delivery? I got the order number from dealer but nothing else.

·
Banned
2,521 Posts
I think usually around the end of June, early July is the cutoff period for the current model year. After that it switches to the next model year and then you may or may not get what you want. Sounds like some changes are in store for the 2015 model year (new colors too!).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.