Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1/19 had an oil change 3 weeks later my oil filter blew a seal and drained the oil while driving.
Dealership replaced the filter, 2 days later it happened again, but this time the after was "bubbled" out. They replaced again saying a faulty filter and put a mopar filter on
Another 2 weeks and my check engine light came on. The trigger was an oil pressure sensor.

Dealership kept car for a week to attempt to figure out why. When I picked it up they replaced the oil pressure sensor. No issues after that.

Jump to last week, went in for an oil change. They replaced filter with a mopar filter upon request. 6 days after change and check light came on. Dealer read the code as high oil pressure.
Any idea as to why? They were clueless last time and I have zero confidence in their ability at this point.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Which engine? 1.4L, 2.0L, or 2.4L?

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
The sensor does nothing more than report the pressure to the PCM. Why that was replaced makes no sense in my opinion.
About the only way I can imagine oil pressure being so high is that the oil pump is malfunctioning. There is a spec for the oil pump pressure that should be verified. There is a pressure relief valve that is part of the pump that can be serviced separately. The oil pump on a 2.0L engine is part of the balance shaft module (BSM). The oil pan needs to be removed to access the BSM and the pressure relief valve.

Inspect the pressure relief valve bore in the pump for scoring, gouging, or debris.
If the bore is gouged, the BSM needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I'll have them check the bsm. Last time the said they tested the oil pump, but who knows if they actually did.
This car a 100% a lemon and everyone is tired of working on it. 2 break failures, ebreak failed and after 2x with running with oil gushing out engine ticks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts