Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Please help, I have a problem with too much fuel consumption in the Dodge Dart 2.4 A/T (15l / 19l per 100km) (15mpg / 13mpg), I have already replaced the lambda sensor, catalyst, iridium spark plugs, tested tightness of the intake system, theoretically the parameters are normal. The only symptoms are too high fuel consumption and when the gearbox is in neutral or parking gear, when the car heats up to about 90 degrees Celsius, the engine speed drops by about 50 RPM, plus when I slightly add gas, the car starts to shake as if it was getting too much the air and the engine revs drop for a while more.
When he presses the gas to the end, i.e. up to 4000rpm, sometimes the rpm also runs away by about 50-100rpm. The car has power and when driving it accelerates normally.
Someone had a similar problem? Someone help?

·
Super Moderator
4,343 Posts
Check for dragging brakes, especially the rear.

Reactions: Srtified

·
Super Moderator
4,343 Posts
A stuck brake caliper can put just enough rotation resistance to affect gas mileage. The rear brakes on the Dart are problematic.

Have you checked for codes?
Not all scanners can read the transmission TCM codes. Do you have alfaOBD and the OBDLinkMX bluetooth scanner in Poland?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also had a similar problem and first I checked how much fuel consumption my car should have here Informative Cars - CarAraC.com. And then I realized that there really was an overspend. I am very far from the technical field and didn't understand what to check at all and where to look for a malfunction. Therefore, the best solution was to contact the car service. I'm happy that I took care to ensure the car in advance when I bought it, otherwise, the repairs would cost me a lot. The problem was in a fuel leak from the car's fuel line. It sounds quite scary, I'm afraid that this could lead to a fire in the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts