Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I'll be taking my 2016 SXT for tires this Friday. I've been eyeing sets of Hankook, Kelly and Yokohama. Any suggestions on brand and or model for regular driving?

·
Registered
287 Posts
all of those are good brands. Really depends on your price point, climate and how long you plan on keeping the vehicle. I have almost 100k on my Dart and I've had numerous brands and sizes as I run snow tires on 16's wheels in the winter and 17's in the summer. I will say to stay away from Kuhmo.

·
Registered
84 Posts
all of those are good brands. Really depends on your price point, climate and how long you plan on keeping the vehicle. I have almost 100k on my Dart and I've had numerous brands and sizes as I run snow tires on 16's wheels in the winter and 17's in the summer. I will say to stay away from Kuhmo.
Kuhmo is a good grippy tire but some models wear fast. Almost every tire manufacturer makes a high mileage tire, performance tire, all season tire, winter tire, etc. Tires are like brands, everybody has their favourite but they may not turn out to be yours...try checking with the big online tire retailers, they usually have a fair number or user reviews that may give you a better idea of what to look for/expect. At the end of the day, it's your call!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your input guys, funny the tires I have on now are Kumho Solus ..they have a decent amount of tread but are very noisy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for your input guys, funny the tires I have on now are Kumho Solus ..they have a decent amount of tread but are very noisy.
That's the OE tires...not a bad tire. I replaced mine with the Nitto Neo Gen, so far, so good.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Dart SXT 2.4
64 Posts
Hello guys, I'll be taking my 2016 SXT for tires this Friday. I've been eyeing sets of Hankook, Kelly and Yokohama. Any suggestions on brand and or model for regular driving?
2014 SXT - Michelin Defender T&H, Sam’s 3 years ago. 80k warranty was key. Have 30k on them and they show no wear. Great in rain, ok in snow (NW PA), no road noise. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Dart 1.3 T Manual
29 Posts
I have a 2013 Rallye, it came with Continentals, that lasted much longer than they were rated for. So when I needed new tires, those were obviously something I looked at. After much research, it came down to the Michelin Pilot Sport (I believe) and the Continental Control Contact Sport, I went with the latter based on price and the history I had with them. I'm on the 2nd set, but they are rated for 50k, I got 70k+ out of the first set. The Discount Tire guy (exclusively sold there) was shocked. Most of my driving is highway, so that may have something to do with it. FYI - I now have more than 185k on it, with next to no issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ has great grip, good rain and snow (Northeast NJ), predictable wear for a tire of this category. The AS3+ is slightly better for "winter" than AS3 (without the plus) according to reviews and talking with several tire shops. Depends on what is important to you, I ran Michelin X-Radials (BJ's/Costco model) on Toyota Corollas that lasted way past 5 years and mileage rating, but they were no comparison for grip to the old Goodyear Eagle GT (not GT+4 or any of those GT replacements they came out with after that) from the 80's (great grip, but soft compound means the tread wears faster) on a Camaro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts