Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Dart. The cheap basic model with 16 inch steel wheels. I found some factory alloy wheels from a 2014 Dart for a good price on Craigslist. The wheels have snow tires mounted on them. I assume they have TPS valve stems. Will my Dart recognize the TPS valve stems if I just mount the alloy wheels. Do I have to go to a tire shop to calibrate the TPS? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
The Dart will recognize them after driving 20 minutes. Nothing else needs to be done. It is possible one or more of the sensors might not get recognized in which case the yellow tire light on the cluster will ding and light up. If you do have the TPMS light go on the cluster, you can disable TPMS with alfaOBD or have the bad sensors replaced.
You should try to get the different lug bolts since the steel lug bolt version has the extra step for the hub cap.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
The android app, alfaOBD, lets you do stuff that the dealers do and some stuff like disabling TPMS that dealers won't do. If you search google, all the newer FCA vehicles can use it and Ram and Jeep forums show how versatile it is. You need an android device and the OBDLinkMX bluetooth adapter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts