Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I see most of the discussion around tire pressure sensors relate to new wheels. I have stock wheels on my 2015 GT. The condition I am describing has been occurring for several years now and I am finally ready to dig into it as the Dart is now my primary car. The display on the dash shows dashes for all 4 wheels. Then, randomly, without hitting a bump or any other change that i can identify, they come back on - all 4 of them - and read perfectly. That will last for 15 minutes to an hour, then dashes again. The car has never been in an accident, it happens in all types of weather and I have never found a link to the behavior and anything else. I assume there must be an issue with the control module or its connections as all the tire sensors work when it does come back on. Any thoughts? Is the module in the rear deck? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,380 Posts
The RFHM controls
•Brake Transmission Shift Interlock (BTSI) System
•Ignition System
•Passive Entry (PE) Keyless Go (KG) Systems
•Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) System
•Remote Start System
•Sentry Key Immobilizer System (SKIS)
•Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) System
•Vehicle Theft Alarm (VTA) System

If everything else but TPMS works correctly, leave it alone. If the dashes bother you, disable TPMS with the alfaOBD app and use a real tire gauge. I have TPMS disabled on both of my Darts and do not miss it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alpinegreenneon - all other systems are working properly. It does bother me to see the yellow light and dashes. I'll have to look into the alfaOBD. I miss the sensors because I am too lazy to get out in the freezing cold in the midwest winters to check (no garage). Our roads are paved with salt in the winters, so potholes are everywhere. Just gonna have to add it to my routine to check before heading off to work and vice-versa. Was hoping to spend a couple hundred bucks and a couple hours to replace a module and be done with it.

·
Super Moderator
3,380 Posts
Replacing the module is not easy because of all the other stuff that is married to it. A once a month check with a tire pressure gauge is all I do.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Idk if this is helpful or not but maybe it's as simple as a bad TPMS module or a battery that's going out on one of them. I had a single sensor fail recently on me but it didn't have an effect on the rest of them...until I had a tire go down to 16 PSI on me one day. While I was headed to fill it up, I noticed the readout was saying my rear right was the low tire but it was the front left that was low. I don't know how the car got that wrong; but apparently it wasn't made to operate with a failed sensor.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Had this happen to the wife's Rallye. Ended up having two sensors replaced and it cleared up until it got cold outside. Went back and had the other two replaced and have had no issues since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts