Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys! I just made a appointment with my local dodge dealer to do my timing belt. I'm getting the timing belt done, timing belt tensioner, water pump, and serpentine belt done. They quoted me a $1050 just labor plus $60 new coolant. A total of $1110. Y'all think I should also get a new thermostat?? Or should I leave the old one in? Curious as to how much the dealer quoted you to do the same work??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello guys! I just made a appointment with my local dodge dealer to do my timing belt. I'm getting the timing belt done, timing belt tensioner, water pump, and serpentine belt done. They quoted me a $1050 just labor plus $60 new coolant. A total of $1110. Y'all think I should also get a new thermostat?? Or should I leave the old one in? Curious as to how much the dealer quoted you to do the same work??
i would check prices from other local mechanic shops that have a good reputation. the thermostat should not add a lot to the overall cost, if its not much you might as well do it.
good luck

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'd personally would be fine paying that myself. I know its not going to be a cheap job. But I'd prefer the dealer to do it personally. If you go to a random shop you gotta hope they got the special cam and crank locking tools. I'm coming up on needing the belt changed on my 1.4 so I'll be soon checking local dealers.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd personally would be fine paying that myself. I know its not going to be a cheap job. But I'd prefer the dealer to do it personally. If you go to a random shop you gotta hope they got the special cam and crank locking tools. I'm coming up on needing the belt changed on my 1.4 so I'll be soon checking local dealers.
Yeah. We're both in the same boat. My 2015 Aero is about 90,000 miles. I got an appointment with my dealer. I dont trust random shops will line it up right and it scares me to death. Does anyone know the mopar part number for the thermostat?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tuscon mopar parts had the cheapest prices for oem parts. My dealer said I can use my new parts. Just as long as they are oem mopar

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey let me know what they quote you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts