Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While pulling into work yesterday my Dart stalled in the parking lot. My traction control, ABS lights came on. I had to start the vehicle to actually pull into a parking spot. Driving home the same error lights were on and I no longer had power steering, cruise control (work 60 miles from home) and I tested the brakes (sleet storm in Nebraska, go figure) and ABS did not come on. I got home late and left early this morning to drive back to work. After work today I stopped at Autozone to get the codes read. The print out was had (3) U0145 Invalid Data Received from Anti-Lock Brake System Control Module and (1) U0140 LOST COMMUNICATION WITH BODY CONTROL MODULE. My Dodge Dart Service Manual has a (BCM) at the end of the U0140 error code.

I have the following recall

Recall # Description
R63 Power Brake Booster Contamination

Would this be a sympton for the recall?

I recently replaced the 3 ABS sensors in my 2005 Dodge Ram 2500, but it looks like from my research this is a "network" problem. I'm OLD SCHOOL, in my 50's. Never had a problem getting greasy, but in the old days, we never dealt with "network problems".

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Champ

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
While pulling into work yesterday my Dart stalled in the parking lot. My traction control, ABS lights came on. I had to start the vehicle to actually pull into a parking spot. Driving home the same error lights were on and I no longer had power steering, cruise control (work 60 miles from home) and I tested the brakes (sleet storm in Nebraska, go figure) and ABS did not come on. I got home late and left early this morning to drive back to work. After work today I stopped at Autozone to get the codes read. The print out was had (3) U0145 Invalid Data Received from Anti-Lock Brake System Control Module and (1) U0140 LOST COMMUNICATION WITH BODY CONTROL MODULE. My Dodge Dart Service Manual has a (BCM) at the end of the U0140 error code.

Recall # Description

I recently replaced the 3 ABS sensors in my 2005 Dodge Ram 2500, but it looks like from my research this is a "network" problem. I'm OLD SCHOOL, in my 50's. Never had a problem getting greasy, but in the old days, we never dealt with "network problems".

Champ
Have you had any issues with the battery and are you still on the factory battery?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I replaced the battery a year ago or so. Now, I did disconnect the negative battery cable for an hour hoping it would fix my Uconnect hands free problem to no avail.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
The FSM says to first check for TSB's, recalls, and module updates and to look at any non U codes before trying to resolve U codes. Since you have a recall, I suggest you get that looked at first. Network codes can be a challenge. There is a video for testing the STAR connectors but I am not sure how to post that.

As far as the U-0140:
Possible Causes

CAN BUS CIRCUITS OPEN OR SHORTED
DTCS RELATED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE, IGNITION, OR VIN MESSAGES
BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM) POWER AND GROUND
BCM NOT CONFIGURED CORRECTLY
BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM)
MODULE THAT SET THIS DTC

My FSM says nothing about a U-0145, are you sure that is the code? Your title has U-0415.
Possible Causes

DTCS RELATED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE, IGNITION, OR VIN MESSAGES
BCM NOT CONFIGURED CORRECTLY
ABS MODULE POWERS OR GROUNDS
ABS MODULE
MODULE THAT SET THIS DTC

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts

Recall # Description

Champ
The brake booster contamination problem, if its bad enough the oil that gets to the booster diaphragm eats away and the booster gets a hole and doesn't hold vacuum and you will lose power brakes. From what i heard if that happens you have to he-man your brakes to stop.

here is the link to the recall instructions so you can see what they are going to do to test:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2015/RCMN-15V800-8726.pdf

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My bad, the two codes are U0415 and U0140

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this post is a year old but I am having the exact same codes in my 2013 Dodge dart with no solutions yet before I start a new thread has anybody had the same issue and got it resolved

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Not all scanners can access the ABS and EPS modules. The alfaOBD android app with the OBDLinkMX bluetooth adapter can. There may be C codes you are not seeing with your scanner. You can try disconnecting and reconnecting connectors adding dielectric grease. Here are some schematics and the info for the other code:

ABSbrakesystemschematic.jpg
EPSschematic.jpg

28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM) / Diagnosis and Testing

U0415-00-IMPAUSIBLE DATA RECEIVED FROM ABS

When Monitored and Set Conditions

When Monitored: This diagnostic runs continuously when the following conditions are met:

•Ignition on.
•System voltage between 10.0 and 16.0 volts.
•One valid CAN message received at least once.
•No U0002-88-CAN C Bus Off Performance DTC present.

Set Conditions:

•Electric Power Steering (EPS) Module detects an incorrect CAN message from the Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) Module.

Default Actions:

•EPS System has reduced or degraded assist under some conditions.

Possible Causes

ELECTRIC POWER STEERING (EPS) MODULE DTCS
ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (ABS) MODULE DTCS
ELECTRIC POWER STEERING (EPS) MODULE
ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (ABS) MODULE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts