Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So.. It's with a heavy heart I must let you all know that I did sell my Dart to a nice young lady looking for a fun car that's luxurious and will get her through her early 20's. I was sad to see it go but excited about the prospects of my new vehicle (unfortunately hasn't went too well but maybe that's a post for another time on another site.. Like thenissanpath.com).

So just as a castoff to Dartanyion to the new owner I wanted to share the document I gave her on the car which has good historical value but also just thought you guys might want to see what I did and maybe give you guys an idea if you want to private sell your Darts to other folks.

Here is the document I sent names/addresses removed for obvious reasons

Also if your wondering what vehicle I have now? Well... A 2012 Pathfinder. What does it look like? Weeeelllll.....

So far I have replaced all 6 spark plugs and coil packs. One coil pack was dead, another split in half, one spark plug was the original from the factory and this car has 150k miles on it.. And one of them... It wasn't the right plug for the pathy in the first place.. I got rooked. But I'm striding. Now I'm waiting for the exhaust manifolds to come in since.. The drivers side manifold flange fell apart last Friday.. And the cats are beyond bad.. Yep.. All I am hoping for is looking up at this point. On a good note though, all the fluids looked great but I'm changing them all anyway. No SMOD if any of you guys know about that issue (strawberry milkshake of death/transmission killer), new tires, front suspension and miscelanious new stuff here and there which would be pretty costly. Yep.. She's a fixer upper.

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm glad you enjoyed your Dart like most of us here. I hope you have many fun adventures in the future with the Pathfinder!
Yeah man! That car will always hold a place in my heart. It's the first luxury sort-of vehicle I have ever owned, the nicest vehicle I have ever owned BY FAR, and the most fun to drive. It was the first car I put actual performance parts on instead of just fixing it! (though I actually do enjoy fixing on my new Pathy to an extent). And overall it's the very first car that I have felt passionate about. I was watching a totally unrelated youtube video last night and it was this guy walking through a junk yard picking out old dodge muscle cars and explaining the history behind each model with different changes, and at one point it was an old Dart, and he explained how Dodge wanted to show the car as an all around something for everybody type of car. That's when it hit me. That was the real direction with our Darts. It's not the best at anything but it's best at being able to provide something for anyone. It has a hint of luxury, it has a lot of technology, it's fun to drive, it can be a nice sensible driver, it can be as wild as you want it to be. That's what all the reviewers and haters didn't get about the Dart. But you know.. For every one person or reviewer I have seen slam it, I have had 5 people tell me how they either know someone who has one and it's awesome or they want one so bad. The Dart was a success with most owners, Dodge just didn't understand how to sell it. I hope one day whoever owns Dodge in the future, they will bring it back once again.

That is a top-notch PDF used-sale guide... far beyond standard.
Thanks man! I wanted it to be something special for this person. She fell in love with it when she first saw it and in a way it kinda just hit me in the feels and so I wanted it to be a good experience for her all around. And knowing it's going to a good home makes me ecstatic about it. Her dad is a car guy, her mom drives NOTHING but stick shifts (like no joke, they rolled up for the test drive in an Audi I would kill for and it was manual), and the daughter is just living the legacy. It's an awesome thing to experience.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Yeah man! That car will always hold a place in my heart. It's the first luxury sort-of vehicle I have ever owned, the nicest vehicle I have ever owned BY FAR, and the most fun to drive. It was the first car I put actual performance parts on instead of just fixing it! (though I actually do enjoy fixing on my new Pathy to an extent). And overall it's the very first car that I have felt passionate about. I was watching a totally unrelated youtube video last night and it was this guy walking through a junk yard picking out old dodge muscle cars and explaining the history behind each model with different changes, and at one point it was an old Dart, and he explained how Dodge wanted to show the car as an all around something for everybody type of car. That's when it hit me. That was the real direction with our Darts. It's not the best at anything but it's best at being able to provide something for anyone. It has a hint of luxury, it has a lot of technology, it's fun to drive, it can be a nice sensible driver, it can be as wild as you want it to be. That's what all the reviewers and haters didn't get about the Dart. But you know.. For every one person or reviewer I have seen slam it, I have had 5 people tell me how they either know someone who has one and it's awesome or they want one so bad. The Dart was a success with most owners, Dodge just didn't understand how to sell it. I hope one day whoever owns Dodge in the future, they will bring it back once again.
The Dart was the first brand new car I have ever owned and I am still happy. I've got about 1.5 years left on the loan, I might just hold onto it for my daughter as her first car. I only drive 2 miles roundtrip to work so mileage is only at 72k on my 2014 Dart. I think the number 1 thing I love about it is the handling. Best FWD car I have ever driven hands down. I also love the sound of the 2.4 engine. It does not sound like a typical 4 cylinder, it sounds deeper.

I am starting to see alot more Darts on the road now that the used car market is flooded. When I first got her in 2014, I didn't see ANY.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts