Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone hit my old daily and it totaled so in the market for a new car. I found a 15 dart GT auto with 73K listed for 10.5K. It has sun and sound option and looks pretty clean.

My question is are the 2.4s reliable? I will be putting a lot of miles on it (up to 20K a year) and I want it to last me a 3-5 years.

Should I look at anything particular when I check it out?

With all the miles how does it do on fuel on the highway, will it get 31 as advertised? Id honestly hope for better but I like the car.

I've done some looking and it seems common issues are motor mounts and some burn oil, are there others?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
If you can get the service history, you might be able to find out if it has been having oil consumption tests. It it has then stay away. Almost anything else can be dealt with.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! The dealership it's at said it was their detailers car, it looks really clean. Said it doesn't burn oil and had oil changed every 5k. Obviously could be lying but a 15 with 73k I feel like of it was a problem someone would have unloaded it earlier. Its a one owner car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oil issues & battery light

Hi,
New to the group. I have a 2016 Dart SXT it had 53,000 miles I was recently driving and it just stopped in traffic. It started back after one try and the battery light come on. I took it to the local advance auto I was told my battery was dead. I purchased a new one at Walmart. Car drove ok for two months then the battery light came on again. Took it back to Walmart asking if they installed correctly. I was told it may be alternator. Had it checked by 3 auto parts store. They all said that alternator was good. Then it stopped again in traffic. Read online that it may have something to do with the oil. Mind you I just had an oil change at least 3months ago. I checked the oil stick and it was low but the oil indicated I was 67% full. What is going in with this CAR!!!!! I have another appointment to have another oil change. REALLY!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,
New to the group. I have a 2016 Dart SXT it had 53,000 miles I was recently driving and it just stopped in traffic. It started back after one try and the battery light come on. I took it to the local advance auto I was told my battery was dead. I purchased a new one at Walmart. Car drove ok for two months then the battery light came on again. Took it back to Walmart asking if they installed correctly. I was told it may be alternator. Had it checked by 3 auto parts store. They all said that alternator was good. Then it stopped again in traffic. Read online that it may have something to do with the oil. Mind you I just had an oil change at least 3months ago. I checked the oil stick and it was low but the oil indicated I was 67% full. What is going in with this CAR!!!!! I have another appointment to have another oil change. REALLY!!!
The oil indicator has no idea what the oil level is it just recommends the time until the change. I've heard some of these darts burn oil so you might have to check it more frequently and add a little

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ive seen Darts with the 2.4 only having around 50,000 miles with oil consumption issues. Ive also heard of others not having any issues. Luck of the draw I guess.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just make sure you do your research on the 2.4. Make sure maintenance is up to date and compare on other sites like cargurus, autotrader, and autolist. I think you could find a better deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
Dart 4WD
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing