Dodge Dart Forum banner
461 - 480 of 499 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
How often? You could just have one of those overly sensitive darts...yes it's a thing.
It's not as bad as some HID kits I've used in the past but every time I start the car and the HIDs turn on it gives me an error. It doesn't constantly come up but it definitely comes up. It'll usually come up 2-3 times and then not come back for a while. It also doesn't usually happen if I'm just sitting still. Also, once the error comes up, it doesn't stay in the messages section on the display - goes away completely. It's definitely not due to cold weather (I live in Florida).

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #462 ·
It's not as bad as some HID kits I've used in the past but every time I start the car and the HIDs turn on it gives me an error. It doesn't constantly come up but it definitely comes up. It'll usually come up 2-3 times and then not come back for a while. It also doesn't usually happen if I'm just sitting still. Also, once the error comes up, it doesn't stay in the messages section on the display - goes away completely. It's definitely not due to cold weather (I live in Florida).
You might have a bad pair of canbus harnesses, or maybe just one. It should never come up when your start the car. It sounds like it's not getting the right resistance on and off very quickly and then balances out and is okay.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You might have a bad pair of canbus harnesses, or maybe just one. It should never come up when your start the car. It sounds like it's not getting the right resistance on and off very quickly and then balances out and is okay.
I guess my next step is to contact TRS and see if they can help me out. Is their customer service pretty good? I've heard good things.

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #464 ·
I guess my next step is to contact TRS and see if they can help me out. Is their customer service pretty good? I've heard good things.
They are excellent. But they will more likely be moronic when it comes to this. They will (bet you) claim that the canbus harness does not work with our car, and you need the Mopar spec one. Which I disproved them on that countless times but they apparently have a test car dart that comes in and it's been all good. I find that hard to believe. lol They know the Mopar vehicles are a PITA. They have to make so many work arounds for their CANbus system. While you might think, the European vehicles and such have them too, yes? They said that the european versions are actually a lot easier. They said Mopar uses some almost "hybrid" CANbus system that is just so much of a pain for adding anything that is not OEM spec when it comes to lighting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
is this a common problem last night i iinstallled my trs canbus hid system and when i have the car off and turn the lights on they work fine but when i start the car they stay on for 5 seconds then i get the buld out error

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #466 ·
is this a common problem last night i iinstallled my trs canbus hid system and when i have the car off and turn the lights on they work fine but when i start the car they stay on for 5 seconds then i get the buld out error
It does seem like the cold will do that depending on the car. Some do it, some do not. It really makes no sense.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'll have to keep that in mind. My bulbs are starting to look a bit dimmer, but haven't gotten the purple hue telling me they are about to go bad yet. I will probably just purchase another set in a different color than I have currently than do a warranty replacement, mostly because I want the new Morimoto XB's.

·
Registered
72 Posts
so i am very happy with the TRS kit i got, when it is cold I do get errors. I wasted money on the carbon fiber mounts...oh well. I can live with the error as long as it doesnt get annoying. It seems to go away once the engine has warmed up.

·
Registered
72 Posts
this bundle works great, i purchased it and have been using it for about a month, however when its cold i get bulb out messages, and it seems to be related to engine rpm because it keeps coming during between shifts or just revving. i am glad it doesnt produce a beep though, that would be annoying if it did.

·
Premium Member
2015 Dodge Dart Aero 1.4T
3,639 Posts
I just ordered this exact kit for my 2013 and took it to my car guy to install and he's saying the OEM input won't fit into the harness because it's a different shape and that I need an adapter. Anyone heard of this?
Do you have different headlights? Meaning aftermarket? Like the Eagle Eye brand from Ebay? They are known to not have the same connector as the OEM Mopar headlights... one is an H9 and the other is an H11. I cant remember which one is which.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you have different headlights? Meaning aftermarket? Like the Eagle Eye brand from Ebay? They are known to not have the same connector as the OEM Mopar headlights... one is an H9 and the other is an H11. I cant remember which one is which.
Oh crap, I'm not sure. I bought this car a few months ago. I've never changed the headlights, but it was used so I don't know what previous owners did. Is there a way to check which one it is?

·
Premium Member
3,639 Posts
Oh crap, I'm not sure. I bought this car a few months ago. I've never changed the headlights, but it was used so I don't know what previous owners did. Is there a way to check which one it is?
Yes there is! If you look at the headlights, there is a big tell tale sign that the headlights are aftermarket...

On the stock/OEM headlights there is a "DODGE" logo on the reflector of the running lamps like so:

The eagle eye headlights do NOT have this logo...

Here is a different brand on Ebay that also doesnt have that logo:

also, @Cntrollerfanboy is our resident HID/LED guru and might be able to shine some light here (no pun intended ;))

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes there is! If you look at the headlights, there is a big tell tale sign that the headlights are aftermarket...

On the stock/OEM headlights there is a "DODGE" logo on the reflector of the running lamps like so:

The eagle eye headlights do NOT have this logo...

also, @Cntrollerfanboy is our resident HID/LED guru and might be able to shine some light here (no pun intended ;))

Appreciate your help. Yeah, both headlights do indeed have the Dodge logo in them.

·
Premium Member
3,639 Posts
Appreciate your help. Yeah, both headlights do indeed have the Dodge logo in them.
Hmmm... that is strange then. I mean I know there ARE adapters out there but as far as I know this kit is supposed to work perfectly with the darts... If you end up not wanting to spend any more money... you can try a different brand! I have a set of Xenon Supply HID headlamps and have not had one issue since installing them (the right way).

Here is the link: https://www.xenonsupply.com/collections/dodge-dart/products/dodge-dart-hid-xenon-kit

This company has great products and also has wonderful customer service! I know, I have dealt with both!

461 - 480 of 499 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.