Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't help but notice certain things on certain cars. In this case it is a manufacturing error on the Dodge Challenger. I could be wrong but from my observations and estimations, 90% of these vehicles have this misalignment. This is something that I check for when purchasing a vehicle; "Does everything line up? Is there the same amount of space between fender wells along hood and trunk?"

This may drive you all nuts checking out these cars on the road now. Sorry! :big smile:

Inkedchallenger_LI.jpg

Reactions: dad's dart

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
I can't help but notice certain things on certain cars. In this case it is a manufacturing error on the Dodge Challenger. I could be wrong but from my observations and estimations, 90% of these vehicles have this misalignment. This is something that I check for when purchasing a vehicle; "Does everything line up? Is there the same amount of space between fender wells along hood and trunk?"

This may drive you all nuts checking out these cars on the road now. Sorry! :big smile:

View attachment 114474
In catalogs and screen shot advertising we see cars as works of art. Or , at least I do. Design cues like this are an example of cheapness of engineering which results in bad assembly. Ex.: That whole oval light assembly should be one unit. I know it gges up with the trunk - but there would be a few ways it could have been made as one. Corvettes are known for having misfit problems galore. When buying, it's best to seek out a good sample on a lot instead of special ordering or just buying quick off lot. Crazy part is, many time these flaws can't even be corrected without major body shop time which the dealer isn't gonna do in warranty. Goes under " factory acceptable" .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts