Dodge Dart Forum banner

161 - 180 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Still enjoying both of ours!

2013 SXT Rallye with 22k miles on it, 2 years of owning it.
2013 Limited with 11k miles on it, almost 2 years of owning it.

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
How about a bump for this thread.
Had a good little road trip yesterday. Noticing the dash mpg in the 40's when cruising about 50mph. Sun roof open. :cool:
FCA cancels the Dart. grumble grumble grumble.....maybe need to cancel some FCA management...grumble grumble :disappointed:

·
Premium Member
6,211 Posts
How about a bump for this thread.
Had a good little road trip yesterday. Noticing the dash mpg in the 40's when cruising about 50mph. Sun roof open. :cool:
FCA cancels the Dart. grumble grumble grumble.....maybe need to cancel some FCA management...grumble grumble :disappointed:
Just a couple of weeks ago my daughter and I were commiserating on how sad it was that proper cruising season was over. It's not proper unless you can have all the windows down and the sunroof open. Still, my Dart hasn't let me down yet. Then again, neither has my Grand Caravan. In fact, it has never been back to the dealership since I bought it almost 3 years ago. I still figure that if it fits in the driveway, so would a Hellcat. But then, if I own a Dart and a Hellcat, what's my wife supposed to drive? ;)

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
Just a couple of weeks ago my daughter and I were commiserating on how sad it was that proper cruising season was over. It's not proper unless you can have all the windows down and the sunroof open. Still, my Dart hasn't let me down yet. Then again, neither has my Grand Caravan. In fact, it has never been back to the dealership since I bought it almost 3 years ago. I still figure that if it fits in the driveway, so would a Hellcat. But then, if I own a Dart and a Hellcat, what's my wife supposed to drive? ;)
Don't be stingy, let her take her pick :)

·
Premium Member
6,211 Posts
Don't be stingy, let her take her pick :)
You know what's really sad? The trade-in value for my fully loaded 2013 Dart Rallye with literally ever available factory option, for which I paid almost CAD $29K, is only about CAD $10K-$11K. However, the trade-in value for my 2014 Grand Caravan, which is a bare-bones base model Canada Value Package (it doesn't even come with floor mats) that I bought for CAD $19K is CAD $15K-$17K. It's a good thing that I'd happily get rid of my van and have no intention to be rid of the Dart for many years.

·
Registered
267 Posts
You know what's really sad? The trade-in value for my fully loaded 2013 Dart Rallye with literally ever available factory option, for which I paid almost CAD $29K, is only about CAD $10K-$11K. However, the trade-in value for my 2014 Grand Caravan, which is a bare-bones base model Canada Value Package (it doesn't even come with floor mats) that I bought for CAD $19K is CAD $15K-$17K. It's a good thing that I'd happily get rid of my van and have no intention to be rid of the Dart for many years.
Where did you get that trade in value from? The dealerships? I would think its more than that. I can't see any darts like mine for sale for under 18k.

·
Premium Member
6,211 Posts
Where did you get that trade in value from? The dealerships? I would think its more than that. I can't see any darts like mine for sale for under 18k.
It's from the Canadian Black Book. I don't know how accurate it is, but you can find used 2013 SXTs for under $10K and Rallyes for under $15K in the GTA without trying hard, so they may be overvaluing the trade value of the Dart. I've even seen loaded Limited and GTs for under $17K. I recall somebody from Canada on here once mentioning that their dealer told them they wouldn't even take Darts as trades, because they just couldn't sell them.

·
Registered
267 Posts
It's from the Canadian Black Book. I don't know how accurate it is, but you can find used 2013 SXTs for under $10K and Rallyes for under $15K in the GTA without trying hard, so they may be overvaluing the trade value of the Dart. I've even seen loaded Limited and GTs for under $17K. I recall somebody from Canada on here once mentioning that their dealer told them they wouldn't even take Darts as trades, because they just couldn't sell them.
Wow... FCA really did screw this thing up really badly. Well, I guess more incentive to keep it I guess.

I still can't see how the Dart fiasco is any different than any other car maker who pulls a new model off the market within 3 years. As recently witnessed by the Honda CR-Z and a few others.

So now I am thinking, is there where paying premium for an Audi or BMW makes sense? The trade in value is higher when you decide to buy another car?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Only 700 miles on my 2016 Sxt Rallye 2.0 6 spd mt. I look for reasons to drive her. Usually when wife would ask me to go get something from store I would grunt and groan. Now if she wants me to go to walmart I drive to the one across town. Very fun to drive. She is going into dealer next Wednesday though because the throw out bearing is making alot of racket. Only thing worrying me at the moment. I average 34 mpg city and highway. Haven't been aggressive with her yet. It is only my second brand new car. First new one is my wife's 2016 Journey Crossroads plus with 3.6 awd. Love that SUV also. Glad to be away from the German crap although I do still have my 2010 jetta wolfsburg we traded in a 2009 toureg on wife's journey. Hoping these cars last us through our girls college days as we have lifetime power train warranty on both. After girls are done college I am getting my SRT8 challenger though.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Knock on wood: own my 2016 GT 11 months. It has 10,300 miles and Just got my 3rd free oil change. So far this is the best and most fun honeymoon with a car i've had.

I decided to get an extended warranty out to 72/100k since based on first year, i'd like to keep this car longer than my usual 3 years and play more. The sales manager is an old friend and finance person sold me the car. They gave me a sweet deal for coverage. ( i shopped it to keep that number honest)

I'll be ordering my rear spoiler from Modern Performance later today if i have the time. I'll probably look at Mopar CAI now that I'm feeling committed.

Reactions: longtimemopar

·
Registered
13 Posts
2013 Dart SXT 2.0L 6 speed Autostick, 131,000 miles, Mostly highway oil changes, and tire changes, 1 software update. Been a great little car and has saved me a bundle on gas. Average mileage 36 mpg. highest mpg 43 MPG.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I currently have 71,000 miles on my 2015 Dart Rallye. I have had no problems whatsoever. This has been a great car. It looks sweet and gets looks all the time. I'm about ready to replace the original tires.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey all, put together a future build list. Just wanted to get some feedback from the group in case there's someone here who can think of something that I haven't yet! Thanks in advance! Build List.png

·
Registered
248 Posts
Update: 5.5 years after purchase

2013 Dart SE. 6 speed manual, 2.0 L Tigershark. Added cruise control, alloy wheels, motor mount

Things that have gone wrong/replaced: VIC buttons (just the buttons) went bad. Armrest vinyl cracked. Son pulled antenna wire out of antenna (don't ask). Dealership messed up brake light during brake booster recall and sent me on a 2000 mile trip with nonfunctioning brake lights.

However, that was over 5.5 years. I still love my Dart. It still gets great gas mileage (25-27 city/38-42 why). It still looks great. People don't believe it is over 5 years old. I still love the manual and think that is one of the biggest things that makes the car work. Despite not having much power, this car still handles better than most cars on the road and the braking is almost unreal. I avoid dozens of accidents each year because I can swerve around objects and stop on a dime (I really need to post some of that dashcam footage). Uconnect has worked almost flawlessly with all my phones except that Android 2.0 phone we won't talk about. It is always funny watching people in Cadillacs and $45,000 Ford Pickups try to get their phone to work with their infotainment system and then tell them that mine reads texts!

·
Registered
496 Posts
My 2013 Dart Aero is still great. Bought it in June of 2013.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I bought my 2016 Dart GT in Feb 2016. After 42 months and 41k miles, this has been the most drama free car i've owned above 36k miles. I had to switch out the battery and one plug and ignition coil. I chose to upgrade brake pads and rotors. I get 32 hwy and 19 city mpg. Normal tire replacement and of course did a few mods. Love this car, its my favorite one ever and the honeymoon is still in full swing. You can check out my Edmunds review under JonsGT.

Reactions: rsamson67

·
Registered
383 Posts
I am still happy with my 14 Dart GT with M/T. I ordered it with what I wanted and got it in late Oct of 13. presently I have 87000 miles on it and have enjoyed them all. Have had a few minor things pop up (rear wheel bearings, broken reverse gate release cable, currently on 3rd set of brakes and back up camera is not working at the moment). I consider these normal wear and tear/age issues. I drive this car pretty hard and still have the original clutch and not seeing any oil consumption issues. I plan on driving this for many more fun filled years. I am very happy I waited for the Dart GT instead of getting a Sonic or Fiesta.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2015 is still going.. 105,000 on the odo. Problems: front wheel bearings that were replaced under the extended warranty I purchased, center trans/motor mount under the car separated also covered under warranty. Still on the original brakes which will be done sometime soon (still have 50% of the pads left along with no rotor warp/shake).
Was nervous when I first purchased it as I have not owned dodge/chrysler/fiat before. Happy I did so far. And yes I do a ton of highway driving causing the brakes to last so long.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
After my 1st Dart burned up in a fire, I knew immediately I needed another one to replace it. I currently have a 2014 GT with 61k miles now. Oil changed every 5k, burning about 1 qt with heavy/spirited daily driving. Changed rear wheel bearings and got a new windshield. Plugs every 15k miles. Runs like the day it was new. Still loving it like it was 2014 all over again.

The handling is simply phenomenal for a FWD vehicle. I also enjoy the brakes. The auto transmission is the greatest auto I have driven in my life. Lots of engine braking, ability to change the shift speed/firmness, and 6 speeds is the perfect balance of acceleration and mpg.

The car still looks great and even though I see more of them on the road today, it's still a pretty rare car overall.

I LOVE THIS CAR!

161 - 180 of 186 Posts