Dodge Dart Forum banner

141 - 160 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
2015 DDGT in Pitch Black. Drove the boy's Cruze LTZ, the Ford Focus, the Cruze TDI, and finally found something FUN. Has everything but the tech pkg. Cant say enough good about it. Even with 800lbs of people in it going down country roads it rides great. I bought it as a work car. All in town driving. It is a riot in stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2014 Orange GT Maunal with a 2.4l.
Just got back from a 3000 mile trip to Florida and had a blast. The Car rolled over 29,000 around when I was getting back in Iowa and it has been flawless. One of the more fun cars I have ever owned.

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
'13 Dart Limited
1.4 turbo
DDC trans.
Bought the Dart used with 18,000 miles and shortly after purchase had the transmission control module replaced under warranty, but since then no problems. My wife drives it to work. I sometimes call it hear phone booth on wheels. She likes the remote start and keyless entry. She takes it easy driving. We have gone for over a month, more than once, before needing to fill up again. Pretty happy with the MPGs.

Update: Now have approx. 32,000 miles with no other problems. Lots of tech that could go wrong but hasn't. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
After 6 months in my Dart I have to say this is an awesome ride. I came from a 2012 VWGTI and though I miss the VW this car is definitely not a disappointment . I have a 2015 GT and it is really fun to drive and the standard equipment adds to the experience . I'm averaging 34 MPG . I'd like a little more bolstering in the seats but that;s just me . This is the best car nobody knows about but us smart people

·
Registered
2 Posts
2013 Rallye 1.8 automatic. 27000+ KMs and no problems, two oil changes and filters, runs very well, averaged around 50 mpg on a trip to Pheonix last year freeway driving. Just love to drive it.

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Engine- 1.4L Turbo
Trans- 6- Speed manual
Mileage- 12,500
Mpg- 30-35
Not the most aggressive driver but i definitely like to have fun!
Most driving is done city, but occasional highway!
Ive done 3 oil changes and a bunch of mods, and i couldnt be happier with my car! (except if she came with the black bezel headlights ;))

·
Registered
69 Posts
Got my 2013 Dart Limited a month and a half ago. About a week or 2 after we bought it we took a road trip about 1500 miles each way out to Badlands, Mount Rushmore, and Yellowstone. The car did great no problems at all and haven't had any problems yet (knock on wood).

6 Speed automatic
20,300 miles so far
Not an aggressive drive
Mostly city I guess only work 2 miles from home

·
Registered
496 Posts
First 30,000 miles on my 2013 Aero. Great car so far. Had to get the clutch master cylinder replaced last fall (warranty item), but that has been the only significant mechanical problem.

Reactions: JonsGT

·
Registered
78 Posts
IMG_20150819_182515[1].jpg
Mine is a 2015 Rallye I added to the family in November 2014. My baby just hit 20,000 miles today on the way home. I haven't had any concerns whatsoever. This is one sweet ride.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Almost 3 years now. Purchased December, 2012. No issues and still looks good. I finally had to replace the original tires and thought I should do something about the steelies I had on it.

IMG_20151016_145842531.jpg

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Finally got to 3K on the odo.
1.4T , M.
redline/black denim
SXT w/Rallaye style wheels & tires.
regular dash electronics with Sirius.
History/Story to date:
Took del on Dec. 30 2012 (kudos to dealer & Chrysler for letting me walk away from a mid-lease Chevy Cruze 1.8. !)
No problems or glitches whatsoever to date. Three months of combination city/highway/country with lots of hills and valleys. All perfecto!
29 mpg avg even with the occasional "fun drive". The Cruze never topped 23 albeit automatic non turbo.
Had first oil change (1 of 4 free for 2 yrs) at 2900 mi. - dealer was EXCELLENT. Fully laid my concerns about whether they use FULL synthetic to rest. They r using top tier Pennzoil Synth in place of previous
association with Mobil 1. Based on Chrysler reccomendation recently. I was suprised at how engaging and informative the service writer was toward a pain in the arse like me.
Checked my fluids at home (of course) afterwards and found perfect oil level - very clean work with no dumb spillages or whatever - AND for the first time ever, they filled my windshield washer
resevoir to the absolute tippety-top of the fill neck! Complete checklist was given and full comments regarding exam of vehicle - (you know, the advertised multi point check w/oil change? Yeah right - FIRST time THIS
ever happened compared to my multi year Chevy residency. Just sayin'. It's the "little things" - just like the little features that Dodge gives you - and I mean GIVES YOU on the Dart.
Needless to say, with the trouble free performance to date, I am a Happy Camper.
Love the Italian "Throaty Growl" of the 1.4 through the dual chromed resonators. It's like a cherry on top of the loaded bannana split on a hot day in August.
Love it.
Kind of gets me a little teary-eyed reading this.... my Crimson King! Where is he today I wonder?
Where are some old members that posted on this thread, I wonder.
I do alot of wondering.
I wonder if Deadpool has seen the Deadpool movie?
I wonder if PrettyBoyFloyd ever got his Dart case settled?
Memories.....
ateary.gif

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have about 1k miles so far, 2015 Gt. Love everything but the fuel mileage. Surprising power.

I went to Hawaii for a week and drove a rental the whole time, a Hyundai veloster or something like that. Driving that gutless POS really made me appreciate the dart. Not only gutless, but the shift pattern and timing was completely awful, I had to step so far into the pedal just to accelerate, and no power under 4k. Plus it only had three doors, which was a huge PITA on vacation getting kids in and out 20 times a day. I told my wife next time we are shipping the dart down with us to have while we are there lol.

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
There are more people that could post in this thread but it gets buried sometimes. Lets hear from you :)
Regular maintenance (belts, hoses, tires, rotors, brake pads, etc.), should not, in my opinion, be considered "trouble". Fuel leak, car catches on fire....THAT is TROUBLE...

·
Registered
645 Posts
Well, I have just over 42,000 on my little Demon Dart. I bought it used last July with 38,000 miles. I have no problems at all. unless you consider having to wait for more money to do upgrades.... Fun story, the other day I was walking to the car with my daughter, walking across the parking lot, I said to her, Wow, that's a sharp looking dart, I wonder what lucky guy owns that? she said, "you do dad". Then I asked her how I got so lucky to have it....her response was priceless, she is 8. she said, "Well dad, you probably dreamed it, and your dream came true"!

That's exactly how I feel about this car. I dreamed it and my dream came true. Thanks Emma for putting it into words.

Reactions: JonsGT

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hello,

Bought car mid February:

Engine: 2.4
Transmission: automatic
Current mileage: 4125.7
Driving style: slightly agressive
Type of driving (Highway vs. City vs. Country): combo rush hour and highway

Love this car. Its my favorite car i ever owned myself. Long story short, was about to buy a GTi or GLi BUT always loved the DART design and the value combination of gear, looks, tecnology and peformance along with this quiet cabin....BooOOooom!

Im loving my ride and my only hope is that its as dependable as my Mazda's have been 3 to 5 years down the road.

I saw a redline red GT a few years ago, fell in love...loved this design ever since. Especially now when all cars seem to look like striped bass. The TorRed i have is EXACTLY what i wanted. This is my favorite 4 door compact at this price point by far and I love having exactly the car I want.

Not much i want to do with it since in stock form , it has almost everything i want... wait til i paint the calipers yellow or red. BaaaaAAAaam!

·
Registered
654 Posts
After 6 months in my Dart I have to say this is an awesome ride. I came from a 2012 VWGTI and though I miss the VW this car is definitely not a disappointment . I have a 2015 GT and it is really fun to drive and the standard equipment adds to the experience . I'm averaging 34 MPG . I'd like a little more bolstering in the seats but that;s just me . This is the best car nobody knows about but us smart people
Now THATS WHAT UM TALK"N BOUT!!! I almost got a 2016 gti/gli...drove them both an hour before going back to Dodge. It was an easy decision when i test drove my TorRed GT a 2nd time. EASY DECISION!!!!

141 - 160 of 186 Posts