Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The Official Problem-Free/Positive Experience Thread​

This is the official Dodge-Dart.org Problem-Free/Positive thread that members can check into every now and post up about how problem-free their Dodge Dart has been operating for them (Please keep problems out of this thread) or features that they have found that they can no longer live without. The majority of people are doing more and more research online before making their purchases. However, online is where you will mainly find people with problems, as people rarely will post up online to say that their vehicle/TV/Computer/etc is working perfectly.

I thought it would be nice to have a "positive" thread for the benefit of those doing research and anybody else so interested.

When posting, please provide the following details:
  • Engine
  • Transmission
  • Current mileage
  • Driving style
  • Type of driving (Highway vs. City vs. Country)
Please note that this thread will be moderated to keep it on topic.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Love it! Let's present a more representative sample to forum-goers.

• 1.4L Turbo
  • manual transmission
  • 30-31 mpg so far after ~1000 miles
  • usually pretty relaxed, but approaching on-ramps I give it the beans
  • mostly city driving with a ~10 mile highway commute (each way)
My first car in college was the cheapest bare-bones plastic Saturn SL with a hamster-wheel engine that got up to 40 mpg on long drives. My second car was a beefy Infiniti G35 coupe with grunt, spunk, all the fun stuff. This car feels like a good balance between the two. Four-door practicality, fuel efficiency, and still fun to drive. (I wouldn't try to call it "powerful" but it's enough to be fun.) Feature-wise, I went from manual everything (doors, windows, etc) to basic conveniences like remote locks, automatic windows, etc. Now I have built-in nav, push-button start, back-up camera, digital instrument panel, etc. You can get these features on other cars, but not on one that's under $27k.

So yeah, the feature I like most and can't live without is the careful balance of everything.

Reactions: hvac999 and UN4GTBL

·
Registered
558 Posts
Engine - 1.4L Turbo
Transmission - DDCT
Current Mileage - 2,249
Driving Style - Highway - left lane as fast as the car in front of me permits. No slouching, but I do watch the current MPG and try to max when I can, but not afraid to step on it frequently! City - Ah, I have to invoke my 5th admendment rights as to not incriminate myself! ;)
MPG - 32 Average, Highest tank 34.8

Dart has not seen the service dept yet except to pick up parts for cosmetic changes! Factory gets a grade of A+.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
450 Posts
Engine - 1.4 turbo
Transmission - 6 speed manual
Miles - 2000
Driving style - - two lane blacktop, running thru the gears
I haven't drivin the dart all week, my wife has been taking it to work, 50 miles round trip, and she's been averaging 32.9 mpg.
I've taken a couple of longer trips in it and was able to average over 40 mpg @ 70 mph.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have the 1.4 turbo with manual Limited. I drive all city and love it. No issue with car at all. Miles 2400

·
Registered
715 Posts
Love her to death!!!

• 1.4T
  • DDCT Auto
  • 900miles
  • Mostly calm driving but I let the gas pedal kiss the floor a few times a day.
  • Lots of rush hour highway and some city. Averaging about 30-31 so far. All open highway gets 44-46.
  • Limited with Premium Group and Technology Group; No Nav or Sat radio
I haven't had any issues with the car and enjoy driving it daily. Seats are comfy and the Alpine upgrade was more than worth the $500 price tag in my opinion. Extremely happy with the car. Not remembering when I last filled the tank is a new feeling for me too which I'm kinda enjoying.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
1.4T
3600+ miles
6 speed

This car is the SHIZNIT!! (Can I say that?)

Usually drive it nice and easy, but there is a BRAND NEW TWO LANE ON RAMP that's probably a quarter mile long where I get on the highway every morning. It's rather fun.

No problems other than the fact that I don't get paid to drive it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Engine: 1.4turbo multiair
Transmission: 6 speed manual
Rallye - Love the Black insets
Current mileage: 3029
Driving style: Fast as the car in front of me or faster then the car next to me at a stop light
Type of driving: Work in City live in township

Love this car have had no problems. Have a smile on my face while driving - 21 year old son and myself fight over who gets to drive. I usually win but I have to give in once in a while. I think it has great get up and go, everything is in the right place. Love the lighted cup holders for my coffee in the morning. Absolutely love my touchscreen navigator 8.4, dont use the sirus radio too much because when I get in all my music starts playing from my iphone. I never have to dig out my phone out of my bag, it just connects automatically. I can have the music as loud as I want and don't have to worry about missing a phone call from the kids, because the music will stop and my ringtone will come over the speakers. Love the feel, love the look, love the turbo -- I am hooked :) (sorry got a little carried away)

Gas mileage is great averaging about 30mpg. The backup camera is awesome. Haven't had one problem except a little noise in the dash and it was a pen in my glove box in the cute little pen holder and the garage door opener on my visor. So A+ to chrysler so far. Had a May 2012 build date so I think it was pretty early production and I am sure it will only get better from here. I am hoping to see a big difference in how much I spend it gas. It gets double the mileage of my last car (Chrysler Pacifica and I loved it too), but I can't quit driving the Dart, so I am driving twice as much (or even a little more) so I was a little nervous going from a big wagon to a small car, but I absolutely have no regrets! DART Wins! Go with the TURBO!

Racetrack tail lights and short shifter will be my mods when I get my income tax refund!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the 1.4T with DDCT (not part of recall, apparently), had it a couple of months, and only 900 miles. I don't drive to work (live in a city with some usable public transportation (L.A., despite its reputation), so it's mostly just around town and occasional weekend getaways. Mostly suburban city type driving.

It took me 2 days to get used to the way the DDCT works. It's not quite like an auto. You do have to punch the gas just a bit to get it to move out. But once you acquire that habit, it's great, and actually quite responsive; perfectly adequate even at low torque.

There are very few Darts on the road out here in the Far West so far, but I get men (so far no women) sometimes pretty obviously scoping out the looks of this car they've not seen before.

I find it comfortable, well designed from an ergonomic point of view (I have the 1.4 screen but not the full display dash... my ony complaint in fact is that the speedometer isn't very well designed graphically. I use the digital display for mph).

Gas mileage has been slightly below what I expected, but that's probably because I drive mostly very short trips. When I drive it 20 miles on the freeway it does quite well >30. I don't really expect more than that, because I drive it relatively aggressively.

I wonder if equipped like my car this car may be too pricey for this class, but I suspect anyone who plunks down the cash for this car, instead of quite a bit more for something like a Jetta or even an A-4, will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the 1.4t 6-speed and love it I do alot of driving to and from base and allot in between I have over 5000 miles on mine and I don't drive it nice hahaha. I love that we can turn the traction control off iv had it on dirt trails and parking lots we're I do a little drifting and on the highway going 120mph and anything I throw at it if just takes now 120 is not fast for me by any means but it could be the fact that the dart handles amazing or that it cuts of at 120mph haha. I have owned 1988 Plymouth horizon, 1989 GMC Sierra with a 454, 1953 Plymouth Cranbrook 1991 Chevy s-10 and iv broke them all in less then 10000 miles haha but I think this one can handle it. I'm looking to get track lights, sort through shifter and allot of other cooller stuff I look forward to getting it on the track for a base line

·
Registered
59 Posts
We love our Dart Rallye 1.4T 6 SPD, 32+ mpg city and hwy driving, 3K miles. With the gas shortage we have been dealing with as a result of hurricane Sandy the cars has been awesome.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not a single problem yet! This car is amazing. Loving every second of driving it. Starting to ponder putting some more bass in the car.

2.0L
Auto PowerShift
30/36
Very Conservative, (shift into neutral on hills etc.)
70% City driving.
2700 miles

·
Registered
60 Posts
Engine: 1.4
Transmission: DDC
Current mileage: 800
Driving style: Casual (mostly)
Type of driving: mostly city - I take public transit to work as it's much less stressful and cheaper. I've taken it on one road trip which was a 2 hour drive.

I'm lovin it and have had nothin but comments on the look and colour - go to the Gallery to see pics! Just put winter tires on it (Continental) we usually don't have brutal winters in Toronto but you never know.

Drives like a dream smooth and calm but has power when needed. I love the quietness of the cabin and I have the 8.4 inch touch screen which is a real treat.

I'm using premium gas (91 octane) but may go to mid grade. It came with a full tank that was most likely 87.

I was lucky in that my car wasn't on the recall list for the DDC.

I've seen a few other Darts around town but most are base SXT models. Canadians tend to be notoriously cheap when it comes to cars.

I'm very proud when I look at my car in the driveway! I also love that she's easy to find in a parking lot!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a Rallyee, Redline, 1.4 Turbo
Transmission = Manual 6sp

Awesome car, comfortable and problem free.
Two oil changes and 6,200miles.
Power is more than expected and averages around 29-30 mpg on 93 octane.
I drive her hard and enjoy the responsiveness.
I must admit it was a little quirky at first, but once you get used to them, pure enjoyment.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Best car ...love it ..the steering wheel feels awesome. Brushed shifter is a dream. Gotta get manual the only way to go. Seats are
comfy. Windshield is huge . Climate control is so much more quiet than my Altima was. Only have 500 miles so far waiting to get the racetrack lights. Extremely happy with the mileage ...averaging 29-30 local roads. You won't be disappointed!!! Tungsten metallic = my sxt Baby Taz!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Blue streak/Limited/1.4L/manual/840 miles/all city/mid 20's MPG.........I love the back up camera. I whip into the parking lot at work then back evenly between the lines and stop when body color in image meets image of curb. Perfectly straight and even between lines.....every time!! My favorite part is the interior feels and looks so much higher end than the price tag suggests. Contrary to consumer reports, this car has plenty of power. Much better acceleration and top speed then my 4.0L/V6 Ford had plus twice the MPG.

·
Registered
915 Posts
LOVE this car. So Glad I got it. Almost 5000 Trouble free miles. Drive 28 miles of interstate to work each day and can't wait for the ride home at night.

Was Averaging 32 MPG till weather turned cold and now about 30 with snow tires on it.

Can't wait till spring to start modding.

Absolutely fantastic car!!

1 - 20 of 186 Posts