Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think many of you guys know me on the forums. Whether it be when I was very active in the prime of the forum, or if it was from seeing my many HID, LED, lighting posts that have helped many members upgrade their Darts. If you know me from the beginning, you will know that Sylvia is the name of my Dart and I unfortunately went from Sylvia1 to Sylvia2 due to circumstances out of my control. See post HERE and then was upgraded to who most know me by, my current GT HERE

Well now 7 total years have passed that I have been in the Dart world, I have paid off my GT for some time, and I have been saving...With that saving, I finally found a car that matched just what I have been wanting in a new car. Something with a V and something with an 8. Something that is angry and makes the clouds in the sky that we know (or just the ground level ones :) ) Something that will hopefully bring a fun legacy to it just like Sylvia did on the Dart platform.

Without further adieu, I am now the proud owner of a 2018 Challenger 392 T/A MTX :D
20210109_131753.jpg

20210109_150445.jpg

I will still be around and of course to help anyone that has questions on any of my posts out there. I am very excited to drive this car! Thank you everyone on the forum for being so amazing, helpful and friendly over the years. I loved coming her just to see some of your builds, and talk with many of you in the "chat" we used to have as premium members. The Dart has not just been a car, it has given me a whole new family of friends who I have even met some of you in real life across the country via Dart meets. Keep on Darting, and I will never forget this platform, no matter how many burn outs I do! Well I haven't done one yet so...Dart who? Just kidding! :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Nice to see a Dart owner upgrade to a V8 for all the horsepower you're not going to get from a Dart, no matter what add-ons you go with. I like the color, the rims not so much...... but with those low profile tires you'll be changing out bent rims sooner or later. LOL

·
Super Moderator
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice to see a Dart owner upgrade to a V8 for all the horsepower you're not going to get from a Dart, no matter what add-ons you go with. I like the color, the rims not so much...... but with those low profile tires you'll be changing out bent rims sooner or later. LOL
The rendering of the Challengers online, I did not like these wheels either. And in this picture you cannot see them as well. However, when I saw them in person they looked a lot better than I thought! If I ended up getting one of the newer models with the less than desirable wheels, I probably would have found the knock off versions of the demon wheels

But I am okay with these for now! Plus I did get the wheel and tire package for 5 years unlimited miles, so I thought of that for sure :)

·
Super Moderator
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right on! Hellcat Charger owner here as well as a Dart, ect..... BE CAREFUL, its not a dart.
Yup got a little too sideways for comfort on my drive yesterday when I shifted a little hard into third. 😇 luckily I am not looking to push this thing to it's limits on the street. Maybe some very empty and straight back roads but it takes a lot to keep this thing straight even just slightly getting on it. On my test drive I broke the back end out and I was just going from one light to the next, not even romping on it whatsoever. I am just too used to my dart needing to quick shift from 1st to second because it is a short gear and loses all it's momentum in that shift and slows down quickly. Well...not a problem now :D

·
Registered
837 Posts
Congrats man. I've been mulling over the idea of getting a Scat Pack Charger in Go Mango and giving my daughter my Dart but not sure if I want to deal with another car payment. I paid my Dart off in 2018, and I kinda like not having a payment but wouldn't mind some more power at the same time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hell yea. The 6.4 is a beast. I picked up a scat pack shaker in go mango last May. So much fun, still have the dart too for winter.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hmmmm. Silver Dart, man in a silver/gray plaid shirt, and a gray Challenger. Someone is clearly color-challenged (or color blind).......😎

·
Registered
296 Posts
Sad to see you leave the community, you were one of the better and most helpful ones. Glad you're moving on up man. Still appreciate the HID thread. Best of luck with the new wheels! She's a beaut!

·
Premium Member
2013 Dart Limited 1.4T 6-Speed
251 Posts
That's nice. What dealer was it? Did you trade the Dart or sell?

·
Super Moderator
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmmm. Silver Dart, man in a silver/gray plaid shirt, and a gray Challenger. Someone is clearly color-challenged (or color blind).......😎
Or know that Grey is the best color 😉 seriously 90% of my clothes are black or grey. Its the rocker/rebel part of me, which is about 99.9% of me 🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼

·
Super Moderator
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sad to see you leave the community, you were one of the better and most helpful ones. Glad you're moving on up man. Still appreciate the HID thread. Best of luck with the new wheels! She's a beaut!
I'm still here! I'll always check in and if anyone has any lighting questions, the PMs still go straight to my email. :) thank you so much! My car just went up for sale at the dealer and it almost brings a tear to my eye 🥲
That's nice. What dealer was it? Did you trade the Dart or sell?
It was slimans in Amherst. They really were hard balling me and I didn't get too much on trade, but I've also been rear ended a few times which killed the already low value. But I got the numbers EXACTLY where I wanted them to be when I signed the papers so I'd say I came out if there with a huge win.

·
Premium Member
2013 Dart Limited 1.4T 6-Speed
251 Posts
It was slimans in Amherst. They really were hard balling me and I didn't get too much on trade, but I've also been rear ended a few times which killed the already low value. But I got the numbers EXACTLY where I wanted them to be when I signed the papers so I'd say I came out if there with a huge win.
That's what matters! The offers I've gotten for my Dart are so low that it's more valuable to me to keep in the garage as a third car.

·
Super Moderator
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's what matters! The offers I've gotten for my Dart are so low that it's more valuable to me to keep in the garage as a third car.
Yeah i mean i would have perferred more, and probably could have gotten more private sale, but I know the values are very low, and mine had an accident on it's record. So while it was not that much, and definitely worth more to me, I did not have the space for another car. Luckily it was a loaded version so it was more than most, but if it was like 2k or something, I would have just kept saving up to make up for that difference. My friend was in that situation where that's all they were going to give him for his car and it was not in bad condition. It ran, had auto start and was a 2014 so not that old. I told him dude just keep it, but didn't want to listen.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts