Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.
By popular request I have accumulated a collection of PDF's for various repairs to our cars.
Thanks to @Bullfrog and @youngsmith53 for the idea and start of the collection.
If you think of something else I should add, just mention it and I will see if I can get it.
I also would like to thank @pkgmsu2000 for the name.
Click here to view the Dart Bible.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
@un4givn85 -

I'm getting ready to replace my OEM "Adaptive Bi-Xenon High Intensity Discharge" bulbs (with MOPAR #: L0000D3S, Sylvania #: D3S.BX, or Phillips #: 42302C1 D3S bulbs) ... and was wondering if you have access to the "MOPAR blessed" replacement procedures ... ?

NOTE: I know that the HID bulbs are easily accessible via the access panel in the fender-well:

... but I am a bit concerned about the proper sequence of steps required to ensure that no harm comes to my Dart's electrical / computer systems ... and/or bodily harm to me :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@un4givn85 -

I'm getting ready to replace my OEM "Adaptive Bi-Xenon High Intensity Discharge" bulbs (with MOPAR #: L0000D3S, Sylvania #: D3S.BX, or Phillips #: 42302C1 D3S bulbs) ... and was wondering if you have access to the "MOPAR blessed" replacement procedures ... ?

NOTE: I know that the HID bulbs are easily accessible via access panels in the fender-wells ... but I am a bit concerned about the proper sequence of steps required to ensure that no harm comes to my Dart's electrical / computer systems ... and/or bodily harm to me :)
ill look into this tomorrow for you
DealerConnect is having some malfunctions this afternoon

edit: install for HID bulbs and ballasts added to the bible

·
Registered
11 Posts
I see this is an old post, however I figure this is a good enough place as any to ask my question. I am looking to modify the power seat motor (particularly the motor that raises and lowers the seat). I am looking for anyone who may have pictures of the under side and/or the motors inside the frame itself. I am only asking for a couple reasons. I don't have the time nor the tools yet to remove the seats.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
I see this is an old post, however I figure this is a good enough place as any to ask my question. I am looking to modify the power seat motor (particularly the motor that raises and lowers the seat). I am looking for anyone who may have pictures of the under side and/or the motors inside the frame itself. I am only asking for a couple reasons. I don't have the time nor the tools yet to remove the seats.
this will aid you when you go to remove the seats:
http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dart-maintenance/26425-removing-seats.html
http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dart-general-discussion/34785-ah-heck-what-these-bolts-all-about.html

·
Registered
527 Posts
TO the OP, I just wanted to tell you I am very greatful for the information you have gathered. It was very concerning to me until I found this thread because even when I tried to look up the service manual straight from Dodge, on the purchasing page it clearly states "This Automotive service manual does not include the traditional electronic schematic" and I was like ohh f**** if something electrical goes wrong I am screwed.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
08 - Electrical / 8F - Engine Systems / Starting / STARTER / Removal

2.0L/2.4L

1.Disconnect the negative battery cable.

2.Remove the upper starter bolt (1).

dart2024starter1.jpg

3.Raise the vehicle.

4.Remove the exhaust cross-under pipe (2) (Refer to 11 - Exhaust System/PIPE, Exhaust Crossunder/Removal) .

dart2024starter2.jpg

5.Remove the rear engine isolator to engine mount bracket bolt (4).

dart2024starter3.jpg

6.Remove the lower starter bolt (1).

dart2024starter4.jpg

NOTE: Using care not to damage the wires to the starter (1). The starter needs to be partially removed from the engine so the electrical connectors can be accessed for removal.

dart2024starter5.jpg

7.Disconnect the electrical connector (1) to the starter.

dart2024starter6.jpg

8.Remove the nut for the Battery positive cable (2).

9.Pivot the engine (3) forward to allow the starter to be removed from the vehicle.

Reverse procedure to install.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the instructions! Unfortunately the problem seems to be that my oil level was too low and the ECU shut off my car. My engine might be chalked up to the oil consumption issue as well. 88,000 miles. They are doing a dye test to see how bad it is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts