Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never got around to making a build thread for what I have accomplished so far. So I will be playing catch up for a bit, then continuing on with whatever I do to my dart.

First thing I did to my car was order AVS in-channel VentVisors. They have already saved me once from a wet seat. Not only were they extremely easy to install, I also think they make the Dart look better.

Next thing I did was ordered an UltraGauge (thanks goes to @starscream5000). Definitely helps when you are trying to see how your car is as well as monitoring fuel efficiency.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After doing some research, I decided to go with a Injen CAI. I elected to install it via removing the front bumper, that way I could remove some of the AGS shutters as well.

IMG_20150410_211035.jpg

IMG_20150410_211120.jpg

IMG_20150410_211221.jpg

Overall I like the build of it. I like how I can hear the blow off sound from the turbo, without the need for paying for the valve. I did notice a "flutter" sound. It was cool at first however now I just find it annoying.

I really didn't think of posting a build guide until just today. So I don't have pictures of the install in progress.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally just got my eagle eyes in today. I plan on installing as courtesy lights. Or puddle lights, or whatever else you'd like to call them.
uploadfromtaptalk1430779383059.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1430779429839.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1430779441304.jpg
Now comes the fun part of tearing the door apart and finding the wires I'm looking for.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Looking good so far.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got some time to take one of my doors apart and figure out the wiring that I would need for installing my courtesy lights. I recall someone mention that there should be a wire in the plug for the mirror. So that was the first place I checked.
IMG_20150506_222646.jpg

The bottom left pins are the ones I need. I found them with the help of a multimeter and tricking the door open and closed with a screwdriver. The top 3 on the left are for the power mirrors. While the others I have no idea, I would guess they are for the turn signal indicator and possibly heated mirrors? After I figured out which ones I needed I shaved a little bit of the wires away just to connect the light and verify it works.

IMG_20150506_222736.jpg

Not the best job, but it works for just testing. I will get splicers and make sure it is done right so no shorts will happen. I did just want to make sure it works before I finalize anything.

So here is the door open...

IMG_20150506_222917.jpg

...and with the door closed. Just what I was looking for!

IMG_20150506_222859.jpg

Now that I have almost everything figured out. Now comes the part of figuring out the rear doors. It might be a tad different since they don't have mirrors to make it easy. I hope to get to that when I have time.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not to mention I finally had time to tear the door a part and tinker around a bit. I also received some goodies in the mail.

IMG_20150506_202034.jpg

It maybe be a tad overkill, however better be safe than sorry. Not to mention I can also use some of it on the girlfriends car if she lets me. Her car has some noticeable road noise that could be quieted down a bit.

Next package in the mail is what I have REALLY been waiting for.

IMG_20150506_202440.jpg

I didn't install them yet. I plan on hooking them up to an amp in the future, so I will also have to run speaker wire to the trunk. I plan on having the amp there to go with the subwoofer that I plan on adding later as well.

I hope to get to the speakers installed some point this weekend.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally got around to installing my courtesy lights. Took a little longer than I wanted. It's exactly what I was looking for.
uploadfromtaptalk1431287199092.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1431287245706.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1431287267307.jpg
At first I thought that the light would be to tall and interfere with the door closing. Needless to say it was a perfect fit.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also got my speakers installed. I didn't order the wiring harness because a couple reasons. A, I am cheap and B, I forgot. Also I plan on adding an amp so I didn't feel the need to. So I figured I'd make my own.
This is the result.
uploadfromtaptalk1431288264556.jpg
Then I used the stock adapters from the factory speakers, and soldered these bad boys on.
uploadfromtaptalk1431288344138.jpg

Plugged it all in and it works like a charm.

Also, a big thanks to @BlueDemon for recommending these speakers, so much better than the factory ones.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I also got my speakers installed. I didn't order the wiring harness because a couple reasons. A, I am cheap and B, I forgot. Also I plan on adding an amp so I didn't feel the need to. So I figured I'd make my own.
This is the result.
View attachment 49784
Then I used the stock adapters from the factory speakers, and soldered these bad boys on.
View attachment 49785

Plugged it all in and it works like a charm.

Also, a big thanks to @BlueDemon for recommending these speakers, so much better than the factory ones.
Nice job with the DIY adpaters. Glad I could help

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well as for a small update, the front side passenger vent visor broke when I rolled the window up the other day. I then got a hold of Lund International, the parent company of AVS. I told them what happened, included a picture and now they are sending me a whole new set! I informed the representative that I only needed one, she said they are made to go in a whole set AND I don't need to send back the old ones. So that was good news for me.

IMAG0007.jpg

Secondly, I just ordered a diverter valve! Hopefully it will get here within the week. Also, ordered new spark plugs. if they are supposed to be replaced at 30k miles then I am a tad overdu now that I am at 35k. I will also get an oil change for her, should be a happy car then.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah be sure you order the wiring harness adapters. If you choose to make your own, it doesn't take that much. Plus it's probably cheaper. As for the speakers themselves, they were a direct drop in. I know some are to deep and they require cutting the door a bit.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I installed my new spark plugs the other day, still have some issues in the morning. After talking with my coworker, seems there might be some carbon build up.

In other news, I got a package yesterday in the mail.

IMAG0019.jpg

Then installed it later that night. Here are some pictures just for the heck of it.

IMAG0020.jpg

Stock assembly

IMAG0022.jpg

Stock components compared to the new guts.

IMAG0023.jpg

Springs compared to each other. The stock spring is the one on top. The bottom two are the ones that came with the diverter valve.

IMAG0025~2.jpg

I noticed a much better pull when the turbo spools up. Makes it a tad more fun to drive, not like it wasn't already.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So it's been a while since I have had a chance to get on the forums here, let alone do anything with my car. However, during my road trip to Maryland. I finally got to swap out my cluster for the TFT cluster I got about a month ago. I had to wait and swap it out at the correct mileage, which landed me somewhere in Pennsylvania. The whole swap took me MAYBE 20 minutes. Then I continued on my journey and enjoyed my vacation. Thursday I went to the the dealership to get a proxi alignment. I also needed a flash because I was having issues with acceleration. It was almost like a stuttering, which I mentioned in a thread here. Since I have had the flash it has been driving much better. Not to mention I don't have the mileage flashing at me any more.

Best part of getting the flash was typically I have read that some people would pay $50-$150 for a proxi alignment. I spoke with the manager in the service department, and since he was flashing my car for the stuttering issue he also did the proxi alignment free of charge!

I will point out that my car still stutters but not as bad. I am looking into the culprit of that. It kinda takes the fun out of driving it. Another thing, my check engine light came on for P0299. So there is still more work to be done.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My next mod was the rear transmission mount by deyeme racing. I ordered the flex, and I must say wow!! I didn't think such a small part could make a huge difference between. So thank you @DeyemeRacing!

Some things I will point are the install time and overall feel.

First off, the install. Yes it doesn't seem that hard just thinking about it. And it truly isn't. It took me a tad longer than it probably normally would someone who is a little more mechanically included. But the whole thing was probably done in under an hour and a half. Mostly because I kept grabbing the wrong size wrenches. And not to mention the aero panel thingy underneath was time consuming.

Secondly, the feel. Its so much nicer to shift between gears. It is more of a solid feel when shifting. A noticeable feel when you feel it engage in gear. There is no heavy clunk when releasing the south. The sound with the new mount is definitely noticeable. A cold start and starting in reverse are when I notice it is the loudest, mainly reverse being the louder of the two.

With all that said...well worth the price and I can easily deal with the noise.

Below are the pictures of the stock mount and deyemes mount.

uploadfromtaptalk1441077818690.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1441077872566.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1441077901051.jpg

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
uploadfromtaptalk1441078677872.jpg

I will have more on this in the next week or so. Needless to say I've been waiting for this addition for a while.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So the time has come, I finally got my new intercooler pipes. I have had my eyes on these bad boys for a while. I bought HPSI red silicone pipes so I can finally install my intercooler that I bought from @boardgeneration. Thanks again!

So there were a couple things that I actually did to my car. First off was replacing the intercooler pipes and installing the new intercooler. Wanted to give my car a little better breathing room. Here is the thread I made for removing the pipes, didn't see one so I decided I could try to tackle it myself and hopefully help someone else out if they needed it. I will say this, THIS took me a lot longer than I had anticipated. I did take my time, yes. But it was a couple hours process. Meaning 4+ hours. But I digress, totally worth it. I'd even say it looks a lot better now. It adds some color under the hood. The intercooler is much bigger, below is a picture to show the size difference.

IMAG0177.jpg

Next up was installing the RRM lightweight pulley. My father actually helped me out with the install on that. Install time on that didn't take long at all. All I did was tell him that it is done through the passenger wheel well and he took it from there. He took his time and it was done in less than an hour. Definitely a noticeable upgrade!

This is where I may be slightly disappointing some folks. I got caught up in the install process of working on everything that I forgot to take pictures as I went along with the install. Not to mention it was 80+ degrees that day with a disgusting amount of humidity, no garage to work in. I may or may not have gotten sun burn on top of it.

The last addition to my car is not yet complete. I bought a wideband gauge and is mostly installed. I just need to figure out where to wire in the power to for the little box that will be tucked nicely in the dash.

I hope to update later with some pictures of the intercooler pipes in the engine bay.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally took some mediocre pictures. Wanted something to let you know how it looks. These are just of the intercooler pipes in the engine bay.

IMAG0182.jpg

IMAG0184.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I require more pictures
I know, I haven't gotten around to actually taking pictures of my car. Plus I will update with more pictures of the FMIC. Currently it is slightly crooked.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts