Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to dig this up form over a year ago but im looking to do this swap, is it all so just plug an play on my 2015 base dart? My dart came with hands free and all that stuff and already swapped in a leather wheel with the extra buttons that i would need to use the TFT screen. I just need to find one close to my miles, 11K

I do not have the TFT radio, just the base unit, also will the compass still work?
I have one with 11K on it from a 2015' PM me if interested.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Guys? So I could switch out my old speed odometer for a TFT digital cluster in a 2016. I found one with similar mileage just need to know that it's been done?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey Guys? So I could switch out my old speed odometer for a TFT digital cluster in a 2016. I found one with similar mileage just need to know that it's been done?
It can be done. If you have the UConnect w/ Nav then you are golden. But the only problem is getting the mileage close and odometer to stop flashing but all you need for the flashing is a Proxy alignment. 2013 and 2016 TFT's work best with the year that its made (EX: 2016 Dart with a 2016 TFT) 2014/2015 TFT's are the only ones that really work the best with each other

·
Registered
132 Posts
It’s actually a very popular upgrade for us dart owners to do. There’s some really in depth threads about it. As long as you have the RE2 or RB5 radio unit with the 8.4” touch it’s as simple as taking a couple trim pieces off and plugging it in. I waited exactly till my mileage matched up to do it then got it flashed at a dealership. Works great.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It’s actually a very popular upgrade for us dart owners to do. There’s some really in depth threads about it. As long as you have the RE2 or RB5 radio unit with the 8.4” touch it’s as simple as taking a couple trim pieces off and plugging it in. I waited exactly till my mileage matched up to do it then got it flashed at a dealership. Works great.
how much did you pay for it? I'm wanting to do this but I'm not sure where to look and what to pay

·
Registered
132 Posts
how much did you pay for it? I'm wanting to do this but I'm not sure where to look and what to pay
Got a pretty good deal. These things are usually pretty hard to find cheap. $101 for the TFT display and $155 for the RB5 radio unit. Got them both out of the same car as salvage parts. Found it on eBay! Keep in mind you will also need a flash at the dealership to reset a couple things and make things work as they should out of the factory.

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
Got a pretty good deal. These things are usually pretty hard to find cheap. $101 for the TFT display and $155 for the RB5 radio unit. Got them both out of the same car as salvage parts. Found it on eBay! Keep in mind you will also need a flash at the dealership to reset a couple things and make things work as they should out of the factory.
You can avoid the need for the dealership by investing in AlfaOBD and quality OBD2 dongle (the OBDLink MX Bluetooth is recommended). Not only will it allow you to do your own PROCSI alignments, it will also provide you with an in-depth diagnostic tool that is superior to what the dealership has access to (FCA restricts access to certain systems via their WiTECH tool), and far superior than your average code reader. All of this for about the cost of a single dealership visit for a PROCSI alignment (which they may or may not understand, since it's a Fiat thing). Anybody who plans on keeping their Dart beyond the warranty period should invest in this.

https://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/do...tics-through-obd2-diy-proxy-allignment-3.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
Alright guys I’m am highly confused and saddened, I tried doing this upgrade and the screen isn’t lighting up at all, the gauges lit up but the LED screen did not, I tried a proxy alignment and several tests with alfaobd however nothing is working, am I missing something? I replaced the switch as well, I don’t have uConnect at all, I have a aftermarket radio installed in here and from the factory my car had the standard radio not touch screen, can anyone help me here?

·
Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
Source of your cluster? Perhaps it didn't work in the previous Dart either?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I changed the display type in Alfa OBD too TFT with color as well, still nothing, is my car just not compatible? Was there certain models that weren’t?

·
Super Moderator
4,605 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
They're issuing me a refund however, I have a hunch this screen still works there may just be something conflicting it. Is there anyone who theirs didn’t light up as soon as they plugged it in and turned the car on?

·
Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
Check the pins in the connector on the back of the cluster to see if any are bent. Check the pins on the arrow switch. Almost everything comes through the CAN C and CAN IHS networks.
The pinout:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do I have too have a certain factory radio?! As I said before I installed a kenwood double din in mine so I could install subs

21 - 40 of 46 Posts