Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at changing my instrument cluster to the nicer screen version and have someone willing to sell me the part. The one they have has 30,000 miles on it while my car is at 20,000 miles. Can I get this changed somehow to align with the correct mileage of my vehicle?

·
Super Moderator
4,839 Posts
You can use this company TVandNav2Go

But honestly I wouldn't even bother. If your car is at 20k and the TFT is at 30k, just wait until you get to 30k and install it. If you're impatient, then you can use the link and get it done (you will also need to go to the dealer and get a PROXI alignment either way you go about it). But if you just wait till you're at 30k then just swap. Saves you some money. :)

·
Registered
841 Posts
I'm looking at changing my instrument cluster to the nicer screen version and have someone willing to sell me the part. The one they have has 30,000 miles on it while my car is at 20,000 miles. Can I get this changed somehow to align with the correct mileage of my vehicle?
I agree with the above, from what I've read you are spending like 200 bucks to get the odometer reprogrammed, then whatever your dealer charges for the proxi which at my dealer it was like 100 bucks or something IIRC. But if you got the money to burn the site that Cntrollerfanboy posted seems to be the one most people have used.

Also make sure the one you get is for your year of car or some functionality may not work or not be present, such as if you have a 2013 and get a 2014 cluster, while it will work, one of the options is the oil life monitor to show you the oil life left on a little bar, 2013 doesnt have that so that page on the display would not show data.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Buy the cluster you found and hang onto it. Keep looking and maybe you can luck out and find another one with closer miles. I had 5K on mine when I started looking and found a TFT with 16K. Bought it, kept looking and found another one online with 8K. Bought that one and sold the one with 16K. Actually managed to make a couple of bucks in the end. If you don't find another one closer in miles, worst case you'll have to wait until the one you already found matches or send it to TVandNav2Go for adjustment.

Also - I managed to get my proxy alignment done for free. Waited until the mileages matched exactly, did the swap and naturally the odometer started flashing. Took my car into the dealer for an oil change and told them "by the way the odometer is flashing". There happened to be a PCM and a TCM update that were needed so they did it all at once under warranty. Worth a shot if you're still under warranty, just don't mention the cluster swap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are there any manuals or instructions for pulling out the cluster and installing the new one? I have all the pieces just ready to install but I'm just wondering if there's any instructions to follow.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Are there any manuals or instructions for pulling out the cluster and installing the new one? I have all the pieces just ready to install but I'm just wondering if there's any instructions to follow.
You can check out my build thread. I think I posted everything up on removing the dash/cluster. It should start on page 51. If you need any other help just let me know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can check out my build thread. I think I posted everything up on removing the dash/cluster. It should start on page 51. If you need any other help just let me know.
Hey thanks for pointing me towards that page it's helpful. I however can't seem to find where the dash and cluster was removed, although I see the pages where you mentioned. Maybe I'm missing it. In my car I unscrewed the one screw near the radio and tried to lift the panel from the dash but it won't budge

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Once you get the bottom corner screw out, just lift up on the front edge of the gauge shroud and pull straight back. Don't be shy, you won't break anything. Then you will see all of the screws to get the bracket out. Then the IP surround just pulls straight out too. Then there are 4 screws holding the cluster in. It's pretty easy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For those of you who have performed the switch into the Rallye, when you had the proxy done at the dealer did it eliminate the "auto wiper problem", "brake plus button to start engine" and other GT, Limited only messages? Just plugged mine in to test and I'm concerned about the messages not going away after a proxy is done.

Thanks!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yes It did.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For those of you who have performed the switch into the Rallye, when you had the proxy done at the dealer did it eliminate the "auto wiper problem", "brake plus button to start engine" and other GT, Limited only messages? Just plugged mine in to test and I'm concerned about the messages not going away after a proxy is done.

Thanks!
Absolutely - I had all of the same warnings too. The proxy alignment takes care of all of that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was fortunate enough to be able to trade in my 2013 Rallye for a 2016 GT. Worry free now! If anyone needs a TFT Cluster I have one with about 35,967 miles on it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry to dig this up form over a year ago but im looking to do this swap, is it all so just plug an play on my 2015 base dart? My dart came with hands free and all that stuff and already swapped in a leather wheel with the extra buttons that i would need to use the TFT screen. I just need to find one close to my miles, 11K

I do not have the TFT radio, just the base unit, also will the compass still work?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Sorry to dig this up form over a year ago but im looking to do this swap, is it all so just plug an play on my 2015 base dart? My dart came with hands free and all that stuff and already swapped in a leather wheel with the extra buttons that i would need to use the TFT screen. I just need to find one close to my miles, 11K

I do not have the TFT radio, just the base unit, also will the compass still work?
It is plug and play. You just need the 4 button evic switch for full functionality. I'm fairly certain the compass will not work because it requires an additional module.

·
Registered
841 Posts

Just make sure to not get a 2013 TFT it doesn't have oil life monitor if your car has on the standard EVIC. As far as the compass there is a compass module IIRC from some old diagrams it may be behind the dash or under the cluster. If you had it, pretty sure it will work, buit if you don't its not going to work. I didnt have a compass on mine so it doesnt work so I just choose not to display that info in one of the corners of my display. But I also upgraded to the RB5 so if I really needed a compass I could just switch over to the nav page on the 8.4. The only thing that does not seem to work from the swap though is oil change indicator so I have to keep up on that. I'm hoping when the AlphaOBD app gets updated that can possibly fix that since its been said the app will be able to correct the TFT not displaying Nav turn by turn.

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Just make sure to not get a 2013 TFT it doesn't have oil life monitor if your car has on the standard EVIC. As far as the compass there is a compass module IIRC from some old diagrams it may be behind the dash or under the cluster. If you had it, pretty sure it will work, buit if you don't its not going to work. I didnt have a compass on mine so it doesnt work so I just choose not to display that info in one of the corners of my display. But I also upgraded to the RB5 so if I really needed a compass I could just switch over to the nav page on the 8.4. The only thing that does not seem to work from the swap though is oil change indicator so I have to keep up on that. I'm hoping when the AlphaOBD app gets updated that can possibly fix that since its been said the app will be able to correct the TFT not displaying Nav turn by turn.
Normally when swapping to the TFT display you have to have the dealer flash your system to understand that there is a different dash and head unit.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Quick question about the TFT proxy alignment.

If I can't get it done for a while after installation of the TFT dash, does that affect driveability of the car? Does the mileage still advance?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quick question about the TFT proxy alignment.

If I can't get it done for a while after installation of the TFT dash, does that affect driveability of the car? Does the mileage still advance?
It won't affect the drive ability. I installed my TFT in May 2016 and only performed the proxy in Feb 2017. I drove without a proxy for 12,000kms and didn't have any issues.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Normally when swapping to the TFT display you have to have the dealer flash your system to understand that there is a different dash and head unit.
Yeah I think they should have added the sales codes to the car which is why the turn by turn doesnt work. They just did the proxy on the car. I'm waiting for that AlphaOBD update hopefully will resolve it.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts