Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many people would like to see a video or a How-To on how to do the cluster swap? I have the TFT cluster but I'm just waiting for the miles to match. Unsure if there is a demand for it as I couldn't find jack-shlt on it anywhere on the 'Tube... Would should where every thing is and what needs to be done. I recently put it in to see if it worked and by God it was beautiful. I love it already..
View attachment 114180

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
There is a video on youtube that if you search for "Dodge Dart Radio Install" it basically shows you how to take out the island bezel, which from there it should be obvious to anyone else how to swap out the cluster.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I would be interested to see how to replace the cluster if I ever needed to.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes make a video, i would like a start to finnish video. Also show any other things you have to do to get it working and properly configured to your car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes make a video, i would like a start to finnish video. Also show any other things you have to do to get it working and properly configured to your car.
I agree. Please show us everything you have to do to go from base gauges to TFT. Thank you.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree. Please show us everything you have to do to go from base gauges to TFT. Thank you.
Since there is enough people that would actually want to see this done. I will post a video when my miles match. I have about 2000 miles left to go. Just to keep you updated

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi,

Any Update with this Swap?

Waiting for your details about
There really isn't much to the swap. Its pretty straight forward and easy. Only thing I would say is if you have a 2013 get a 2013 cluster. 2014+ usually have oil life monitor which 2013 doesn't have so if you got a 2014+ cluster in a 2013, that page will show up but not do anything.

You can watch this video on how to remove the Dart radio which is all the info that is needed to get the cluster itself out because once you have the dash bezel out its just a couple screws holding the cluster on then unplug it.

As for the steering wheel controls just watch this video for swapping out for cruise control only difference is you are doing the controls on the left side.

Then finish it off with a proxi either at the dealer or with AlfaOBD.

·
Registered
17 Posts
so im interested in doing this swap, i have a 15 sxt rallye, cc and the limited selection buttons for viewing the mileage, speed, fuel economy etc... do you know what im looking at as far as any programming or syncing or calibration goes? is it just plug and play if i find a tft unit from a 15?

·
Premium Member
6,049 Posts
so im interested in doing this swap, i have a 15 sxt rallye, cc and the limited selection buttons for viewing the mileage, speed, fuel economy etc... do you know what im looking at as far as any programming or syncing or calibration goes? is it just plug and play if i find a tft unit from a 15?
You need the TFT and the extra steering wheel buttons, which I believe are pretty hard to find. I believe any 2014-2016 TFT should work for you, though the 2013 may have a few functions missing. Once you install it, you will need to do a proxy alignment, which you can do with an OBDLink MX/MX+ Bluetooth OBD2 adapter and the AlfaOBD Android or PC software. Note that the "master" mileage is stored in the cluster, so your Dart will read whatever mileage was recorded in the new cluster you install, and there is no DIY way for you to change it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You need the TFT and the extra steering wheel buttons, which I believe are pretty hard to find. I believe any 2014-2016 TFT should work for you, though the 2013 may have a few functions missing. Once you install it, you will need to do a proxy alignment, which you can do with an OBDLink MX/MX+ Bluetooth OBD2 adapter and the AlfaOBD Android or PC software. Note that the "master" mileage is stored in the cluster, so your Dart will read whatever mileage was recorded in the new cluster you install, and there is no DIY way for you to change it.
thanks for the info! i read somewhere on here that you can buy the buttons assembly for like 25 bucks, im gonna check the junkyards around here and see if i have any luck... my next plunder will be to turbo my tigershark... wonder how hard it would be... Can't be toooo difficult i imagine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts