1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
734 Posts
Are Darts even affected by this whole mess?
Doesnt appear to be I found this on one site for the affected Dodge vehicles,

"Dodge/Ram (approximately 4.75 million, including Chrysler, not including Daimler-built Sprinter): 2003–2008 Dodge Ram 1500; 2004–2010 Charger; 2004–2011 Dakota; 2004–2008 Durango; 2004–2009 Ram 2500 and 3500; 2004–2010 Ram 4500; 2005–2010 Dodge Magnum; 2008–2010 Ram 5500"

Can also check for recalls here: https://www.moparownerconnect.com/oc/us/en-us/sub/Pages/RecallsQuery.aspx

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Guess we can't trust business to look out after their customer's safety after all. I'm shocked!
I hate to say this, but with all the nasty talk about "big government" and all that, if it weren't for consumer product safety laws and agencies like the FDA and NTSB we'd be living in a very risky society. The automotive industry didn't start incorporating even basic safety features like seat belts and collapsible steering columns as standard equipment until they basically had a gun put to their head, and we'd probably be just like China eating 40 year-old meat or grain tainted with rat poison without the FDA. Does anyone really think the auto industry would've made cars as safe and efficient as they are today without being forced to?

·
Banned
8,648 Posts
Right on, right on! If you know anybody who has had a close call from a bad wreck, then you can see how much safety is built in these days. My family and late father-in-law were recently T-boned by a speeding SUV and nobody even got a scratch. I do believe it was not their time to go, however.

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
I hate to say this, but with all the nasty talk about "big government" and all that, if it weren't for consumer product safety laws and agencies like the FDA and NTSB we'd be living in a very risky society. The automotive industry didn't start incorporating even basic safety features like seat belts and collapsible steering columns as standard equipment until they basically had a gun put to their head, and we'd probably be just like China eating 40 year-old meat or grain tainted with rat poison without the FDA. Does anyone really think the auto industry would've made cars as safe and efficient as they are today without being forced to?
This goes back to the complaint that "they just don't make cars like they used to." Cars are safer, more reliable, more efficient, and last far longer than at any time in the past. I get that the added complexity has made life more challenging for the shade-tree mechanic, but we happen to live in an era of highly advanced technology and rapid technological advancement, so the complexity of cars is likely to increase. In 15 or 20 years, our cars will probably look like unreliable, gas-guzzling death traps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
jsblanch
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing