Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have problems getting your dart to pass emissions with syked tune? I've heard from others they couldn't get theirs to pass because the downstream o2 sensor is disabled.

·
Premium Member
6,485 Posts
Anyone have problems getting your dart to pass emissions with syked tune? I've heard from others they couldn't get theirs to pass because the downstream o2 sensor is disabled.
I think what they look for is whether the CEL is being commanded on, and whether the appropriate monitors are reporting "Ready". When you clear codes, it resets the monitors, and they can take a few hundred miles of driving to all report ready again sometimes. If you have an OBDLink MX or MX+, you can check the status of the monitors from the software that comes with it. It would suck pretty bad if the Syked tune can't pass emissions testing. I'm also wondering why he would disable the downstream O2 sensor. A tuner removing an entire data source that the car's "brain" was meant to work with feels lazy to me.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think what they look for is whether the CEL is being commanded on, and whether the appropriate monitors are reporting "Ready". When you clear codes, it resets the monitors, and they can take a few hundred miles of driving to all report ready again sometimes. If you have an OBDLink MX or MX+, you can check the status of the monitors from the software that comes with it. It would suck pretty bad if the Syked tune can't pass emissions testing. I'm also wondering why he would disable the downstream O2 sensor. A tuner removing an entire data source that the car's "brain" was meant to work with feels lazy to me.
Its disabled because one day i discovered that by unplugging it fully and no check engine illuminated. i drove this car to and from Vegas and the downstream o2 still reads not ready. Kinda glad i bought a separate ecu otherwise this car would never pass emissions.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Its disabled because one day i discovered that by unplugging it fully and no check engine illuminated. i drove this car to and from Vegas and the downstream o2 still reads not ready. Kinda glad i bought a separate ecu otherwise this car would never pass emissions.
guess it had to do with the way he got into the ECU to tune it. The ECU is unlockable now. Perhaps he has a better reliable method updated.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well, the Syked ECU Tuning site's been down with a message that they're doing "scheduled maintenance" for several months now, so...
well I do believe they go under a different website now. that under maintenance notification ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE most likely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts