1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
4,412 Posts
Syked have finally made the tune for the 2.0L engine and he is selling it for 299.99$ for the moment. 2013-2014 Dodge Dart 2.0L Tune | Dodge Dart Performance
I have moved your post into the Modern Performance section since Kevin works under them and sells from Mpx. It would be nice if @Modernceo came in to explain this a bit more on their end.

Here is the direct link to Modern Performances website where this product is sold https://www.modernperformance.com/product/syked-stage-1-ecu-flash-13-14-dart-20l/13-16-dart-20l-electronics

Also to all those looking, make sure to know that your car will be down for a few days for this. As noted "Please note we require you ship us your ecu to flash and ship back!!!! We guarantee 2 days turn around and will ship back USPS Priority mail."

·
Super Moderator
4,412 Posts
Hell yeah, that's a decent bump in power out of the 2.0L. Wish the 1.4 tune was that affordable lol but #becauseMultiAir..
Not really because of multiair, but #becauseTurbo. It's easier to get more power out of a turbo and there are a lot more tuning parameters that need to go into it to ensure safe implementation of everything. He could have made the 2.0 tune the same price, and people probably would still buy it. He's got a monopoly on it right now, but obviously it's NA and gains are not as significant. So charging double the price would drive a lot of people away. Keeping the price where it is makes it so people will feel comfortable buying, and feel they got a good power to $$$ ratio deal. Many people, including myself bought the "other" NA tuning solution that cost even more than this and most of us were very happy even with that. If you have ever been in a tuned and modded 1.4t vs the other engines you would understand how much a turbo tune can really do!

Anyways enough of this, I didn't mean to get off topic. Sometimes you just start rambling about things :rolleyes: It definitely is a good bump. Congrats to the 2.0 community.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Really feel like the 2.4 was the wrong decision for me, with the multi air and no turbo it's the worst engine for modding even with its higher hp rating.

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
Really feel like the 2.4 was the wrong decision for me, with the multi air and no turbo it's the worst engine for modding even with its higher hp rating.
Well, the average untuned 2.4L Dart is still more powerful and faster than a tuned 2.0L Dart. So there is that. Plus, there is that other vendor's piggyback tuning solution that will deliver similar power gains to what this Syked tune does (it costs more, because there is hardware involved, but it's also easily removed). Let's face it, you're driving a normally-aspirated car, tuning solutions are always going to be limited, as will the results.

·
Vendor
811 Posts
JSblanch - well said.

So, to put us back on track, we cant promise anything now, but 1.4 tune was done, now 2.0, and there is only one tune left!

Anyways, this special intro price is good for the rest of this month and after December 1st it goes to $399, so don't delay guys!

More info is on the product page:

Syked Stage 1 ECU Flash, 13-14 Dart 2.0L, Electronics: Store Name

·
Registered
540 Posts
JSblanch - well said.

So, to put us back on track, we cant promise anything now, but 1.4 tune was done, now 2.0, and there is only one tune left!

Anyways, this special intro price is good for the rest of this month and after December 1st it goes to $399, so don't delay guys!

More info is on the product page:

Syked Stage 1 ECU Flash, 13-14 Dart 2.0L, Electronics: Store Name
@Modernceo...This doesn't technically apply to me, since I have a 2.4L, but in regards to this tune option. IF I had a 2.0L and I bought this tune, what happens if I were take the car to Dodge for some reason un-related to the ECU, and Dodge flashes an update to the ECU, and wipes out the tune? I know with my Predator, if for some reason I were to have to take my Neon to Dodge, I have to take the Predators tune off the ECU, to prevent Dodge from doing that and losing the tune. I ask this because my Dart has the lifetime warranty, so I do anticipate it going to the dealer, but if there is a 2.4 tune released I would hate to get it, then have Dodge wipe it out, because I took it in to have the touch screen radio replaced.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Modernceo...This doesn't technically apply to me, since I have a 2.4L, but in regards to this tune option. IF I had a 2.0L and I bought this tune, what happens if I were take the car to Dodge for some reason un-related to the ECU, and Dodge flashes an update to the ECU, and wipes out the tune? I know with my Predator, if for some reason I were to have to take my Neon to Dodge, I have to take the Predators tune off the ECU, to prevent Dodge from doing that and losing the tune. I ask this because my Dart has the lifetime warranty, so I do anticipate it going to the dealer, but if there is a 2.4 tune released I would hate to get it, then have Dodge wipe it out, because I took it in to have the touch screen radio replaced.
thats why the best thing to do is to get a second ecu so one will be tune and the other will be stock when warranty is needed

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not sure if it's the same on the dart as well but here is a story. Customer with a hellcat comes in, wants to go faster. We do an upgraded pulley kit, pin the crank, and put in an sct computer that had a flash tune. Stock ecu was saved if a problem occured. After the pulley car made 719 to the wheel from the stock 655. But due to neglecting the fuel and spark plug heat range there was damage to cylinder 7. We took everything off. Reverted to stock and to the dealer it went. Chrysler had a hidden code in that sum bitch. Anytime the computer is disconnected or modified it stores a code only Chrysler tools can read for this very issue of ecu cracking. So if you go this route. Which I may be a player on, be prepared that your warranty is probably of no use once installed. Rant over.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Well, the average untuned 2.4L Dart is still more powerful and faster than a tuned 2.0L Dart. So there is that. Plus, there is that other vendor's piggyback tuning solution that will deliver similar power gains to what this Syked tune does (it costs more, because there is hardware involved, but it's also easily removed). Let's face it, you're driving a normally-aspirated car, tuning solutions are always going to be limited, as will the results.

My dart AEM cold air + spectrum tuner

·
Registered
540 Posts
Not sure if it's the same on the dart as well but here is a story. Customer with a hellcat comes in, wants to go faster. We do an upgraded pulley kit, pin the crank, and put in an sct computer that had a flash tune. Stock ecu was saved if a problem occured. After the pulley car made 719 to the wheel from the stock 655. But due to neglecting the fuel and spark plug heat range there was damage to cylinder 7. We took everything off. Reverted to stock and to the dealer it went. Chrysler had a hidden code in that sum bitch. Anytime the computer is disconnected or modified it stores a code only Chrysler tools can read for this very issue of ecu cracking. So if you go this route. Which I may be a player on, be prepared that your warranty is probably of no use once installed. Rant over.
Interesting...sounds like for me the option is either cancel the warranty, or just leave the car alone.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Just curious, did the customer neglect to use the proper fuel and spark plugs, or your shop?

·
Registered
83 Posts
The company he bought everything from assured him that he didn't need it. When we loaded the tune from the sct who made the unlocked computer we saw the duty cycle on the injectors at 90 percent. We said he needed a colder range plugs and bigger injectors, but another grand was to much I guess. But that was customer discretion. We tried to point him to safety.

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
Well, they'd have no legitimate reason to download powertrain information to replace a radio or something like that, and even if they did it isn't remotely relevant to the radio, but yeah, an ECU flash tune means that the manufacturer can legally deny any future powertrain warranty claims. Yes, the Magnusson-Moss Act allows you to use "aftermarket" parts, but the use of "aftermarket" in the Act is meant to include parts that are OEM-equivalent and at least approximately meet the OEM specifications. You know, things like oil filters, air filters, spark plugs, brakes and what not. However, it doesn't allow you to alter the configuration of the powertrain in any way. When you start using aftermarket performance parts, you really are altering the configuration of the powertrain. In theory, if an aftermarket intake worked as well as some people seem to believe, you could be denied warranty service on your transmission for just that. Even if you sued the automaker in that situation, you probably wouldn't win. First, the Magnusson-Moss Act is absolutely not intended to protect people who make deliberate performance modifications to their vehicle. Second, the automaker is pretty much considered the ultimate arbiter of what is and what is not a performance modification to the vehicles they manufacture. If they say it's a performance modification that altered the configuration of the powertrain, you will have an enormous uphill battle to demonstrate otherwise. And this is just for something like an intake. If the manufacturer detects that the ECU has been flashed by anybody but them, they are within their rights to deny future powertrain warranty claims.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Well, they'd have no legitimate reason to download powertrain information to replace a radio or something like that, and even if they did it isn't remotely relevant to the radio, but yeah, an ECU flash tune means that the manufacturer can legally deny any future powertrain warranty claims. Yes, the Magnusson-Moss Act allows you to use "aftermarket" parts, but the use of "aftermarket" in the Act is meant to include parts that are OEM-equivalent and at least approximately meet the OEM specifications. You know, things like oil filters, air filters, spark plugs, brakes and what not. However, it doesn't allow you to alter the configuration of the powertrain in any way. When you start using aftermarket performance parts, you really are altering the configuration of the powertrain. In theory, if an aftermarket intake worked as well as some people seem to believe, you could be denied warranty service on your transmission for just that. Even if you sued the automaker in that situation, you probably wouldn't win. First, the Magnusson-Moss Act is absolutely not intended to protect people who make deliberate performance modifications to their vehicle. Second, the automaker is pretty much considered the ultimate arbiter of what is and what is not a performance modification to the vehicles they manufacture. If they say it's a performance modification that altered the configuration of the powertrain, you will have an enormous uphill battle to demonstrate otherwise. And this is just for something like an intake. If the manufacturer detects that the ECU has been flashed by anybody but them, they are within their rights to deny future powertrain warranty claims.
Thank you for this, it's something people need to hear.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
11 Participants
loxmith
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing