Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Is the blown engine your reason for no longer running the Syked ECU tune? While I don't have a 2.0L Dart, and after interacting with Kevin in the few days he was a member here before being permanently banned, I simply wouldn't trust him to run a 5 cent roadside lemonade stand without somehow starting at least one 5-alarm lemon fire, some actual real-world experience would be useful for anybody looking to purchase this product.
Damn he was banned too? (Like Torque?).. Man I wish I would have been active in this forum a few years prior just for the popcorn experience.. But that really sucks all that happened and I'm glad you got away fairly unscathed considering the alternative to a blown engine (was it the engine or head or what?)

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Damn he was banned too? (Like Torque?).. Man I wish I would have been active in this forum a few years prior just for the popcorn experience.. But that really sucks all that happened and I'm glad you got away fairly unscathed considering the alternative to a blown engine (was it the engine or head or what?)
Syked ECU was never an official vendor, just a member for a couple of days who joined because he couldn't stand the idea that people were saying bad things about his product and had to defend his honor or whatever. Before all the posts were burned in holy moderator fire he told me that he wouldn't want me as a customer anyway. I think the official reason for banning him was that he wasn't a supporting vendor, so he wasn't actually allowed to come here and discuss his products.

Also, Tork isn't banned, as far as I know. John and his employees just stopped coming around because they stopped supporting the Dart platform and are no longer supporting vendors.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Syked ECU was never an official vendor, just a member for a couple of days who joined because he couldn't stand the idea that people were saying bad things about his product and had to defend his honor or whatever. Before all the posts were burned in holy moderator fire he told me that he wouldn't want me as a customer anyway. I think the official reason for banning him was that he wasn't a supporting vendor, so he wasn't actually allowed to come here and discuss his products.

Also, Tork isn't banned, as far as I know. John and his employees just stopped coming around because they stopped supporting the Dart platform and are no longer supporting vendors.
Ohhh... Gotcha. I thought John at least was banned. Oh well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Is the blown engine your reason for no longer running the Syked ECU tune? While I don't have a 2.0L Dart, and after interacting with Kevin in the few days he was a member here before being permanently banned, I simply wouldn't trust him to run a 5 cent roadside lemonade stand without somehow starting at least one 5-alarm lemon fire, some actual real-world experience would be useful for anybody looking to purchase this product.
The blown engine is the reason for not running the tune. On top of that, if the engine was good and this tune was safe, I still wouldn't run this tune. The for increase on gas, and the little horsepower/torque it gives you, it really isn't worth it. Intake temperatures run way to high during spirited driving. And im sure the trans fluid is cooked. I have driven all three of the dart platforms and with a tune (for the 2.0), its pretty much feels like the 2.4. I drove a tuned 1.4 and that was the "fastest" dart I drove. Only tune i would trust is an actually dyno tune, not something tuned 1000s of miles away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So there was a combination of things that happened. I am very friendly with my dealership and was there inspecting what happned to my motor. My head was extremely warped and damaged, it wasn't worth resurfacing, they just gave me a new one. My longblock was destroyed (i have no idea how i drove my car their, guess filling it with water every drive helped with it not overheating) cylinders 1 and 4 were destroyed and my cylinder walls badly worn for the mileage. only had 47000 miles at the time of the blown headgasket/motor. i will say with all the abuse, the 2.0 is a very reliable motor. Just need a better tuner even though tuning this car isn't worth it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts