Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone has full bolt ons and notices a significant gain. I have MPX Header, High flow Catalytic Converter, Bored Throttle body, Light Weight Crank shaft pulley, Light weight water pump pulley, Injen Cold air intake, autolite copper plugs and mpx exhaust. It still feels like it struggling to accelerate. Like the ecm makes it cut fuel to increase mpgs. Its hard to explain. Im not going to turbo it and i think all i can add now is a Syke tune. Road Race Motorsports is pretty much a theif now;they take your money and never ship anything. But if i could actually expect to recieve a part i would order a spectrum tuner. So has anyone put the syke tune on and noticed a big difference. I think they're asking like 500 for it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had the Spectrum tuner and it helped a little. Did go into limp mode on occasion. A piggy back tuner has its limitations.
I have most of your upgrades and added the Syke tune (Engine Control Module). He tuned it for 93 octane and it does spin up faster and got rid of any rev hang. One consideration is the odometer blinks, after a while you don't notice it. The car is coming up for state inspection soon so I have to put the original ECM back in and drive it a while. It will be interesting to see how much down grade there is. Have had the Syke in for two years, so I am really use to it.

With the price of gas going up it will be nice to go back to regular again. I think the Syke will go back in after inspection. The throttle response is so good. Its just a pleasure to drive.

·
Premium Member
6,485 Posts
I had the Spectrum tuner and it helped a little. Did go into limp mode on occasion. A piggy back tuner has its limitations.
I have most of your upgrades and added the Syke tune (Engine Control Module). He tuned it for 93 octane and it does spin up faster and got rid of any rev hang. One consideration is the odometer blinks, after a while you don't notice it. The car is coming up for state inspection soon so I have to put the original ECM back in and drive it a while. It will be interesting to see how much down grade there is. Have had the Syke in for two years, so I am really use to it.

With the price of gas going up it will be nice to go back to regular again. I think the Syke will go back in after inspection. The throttle response is so good. Its just a pleasure to drive.
You have a 2.4L Dart, if I'm not mistaken. The OP has a 2.0L automatic. That's a configuration that some members have complained can't maintain speed going uphill. It's kind of pointless to heavily modify it, because at the end of the day you're going to spend thousands of dollars for just a few hp and maybe a better throttle response.

You probably need to do a proxi alignment to get rid of the flashing odometer (assuming the Syked tune doesn't break the ability to do that). I believe it does this when there is a mismatch between the official mileage on the cluster (which is very difficult to modify), and what is stored in other modules like the ECU. I know it's not for just any configuration mismatch, because my car can't fully complete the proxi alignment process and has a configuration mismatch code permanently set (it doesn't trigger a CEL, thankfully). Putting your original ECU back in will probably still flash. Also, why would you need your original ECU for an inspection? I assume that if they do an OBD2 check, they're looking to confirm that the CEL isn't set to "on" and the monitors are all reporting ready.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have most of the items you've done. When I switched over to the Syked Tune...the one thing I did notice was a deeper tone in the idle. I had the flashing odometer...which I did the proxy learn and that was fixed, but lost my cruise control. I put my OEM ECU back in set about figuring out how to keep both...sad to say I haven't made much progress. I did notice the increase in acceleration, but can't comment to specifics as it's been a while since I ran it in the car. My focus now is on the shift quality...got all the goodies, just need to get them on the car. If you haven't already...might want to do a relearn on the throttle body. I did that when I put the larger MPx unit on, and didn't have the sensation that the car was struggling to accelerate like you describe.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Good point, my tech support (son) told me to change the ECU back for inspection. I will run this by him tonight. Thanks for the info.
I need to have my OEM ECU for Massachusetts state inspection (failed trying to pass with the Syked ECU). Also have to run the car for about 200 miles so it shows Ready To Test.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
I need to have my OEM ECU for Massachusetts state inspection (failed trying to pass with the Syked ECU). Also have to run the car for about 200 miles so it shows Ready To Test.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Just curious did they explain to you what part of the "inspection" it failed????
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts