Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to give a big thanks Modern and Kevin Syked-Bonnett. I went and received the Syked handheld on Wednesday and followed the basic how to in the Tune description on Modern's website and that night I had my stock file saved to the handheld. There are a few extra steps I ended up finding out. The next day I placed a call into Modern and within an hour I was on the phone speaking directly with Kevin. There's an additional file that's got to be uploaded to your PC that he sent via email so the handheld can communicate with it. Kevin helped me to make sure he received my stock tune. Any questions I had during the process he answered without issue. Before the end of the day I got an email with my tuner file, and Kevin even called me to be sure I received it. Now onto the tune, I have some bolt on parts. When I emailed off my stock tune, I let him know what parts are on my car and he tweaked the tune. Sooo driving impressions! Wow! Night and day difference! Motor runs smoother, and has a different tone! Plants you into the seat tighter than before.Throttle response is now! No waiting for the motor to decide to go. Fans come on sooner, motor is cooler. I get to remove my ags! I would highly recommend working with Kevin to get your car tuned. I'm glad I did as I drive with smile.

·
Super Moderator
5,810 Posts

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
thanks guys, be sure to report back on weekly basis and let us know how it goes over time with regard to the miles you put on your dart, and the size of your smile :)

·
Vendor
82 Posts
Glad we could be of assistance and guide you in the right direction for your needs. We love to hear reviews like this! :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have over 10,000 miles on my Syked tuned from kevin on my 2014 Aero. Worked closely with kevin to help him crack the 2014 and get the tune set up.
I now average 5-12 MPG better and my coolant never goes over 200*F.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
I have over 10,000 miles on my Syked tuned from kevin on my 2014 Aero. Worked closely with kevin to help him crack the 2014 and get the tune set up.
I now average 5-12 MPG better and my coolant never goes over 200*F.
manual trans? did you have to buy a new ECU for the tune? how is the throttle response off the line?

·
Registered
16 Posts
manual trans? did you have to buy a new ECU for the tune? how is the throttle response off the line?
Yes manual trans. Yes I got a new ECU for the tune. I am not running a handheld tuner even tho I have the same tune that is offered on his handheld. The throttle response is almost instant now. No lag off the line, no more sluggish feeling any more. I have told all the dart owners in my area they can test drive my car before they purchase the tune. Kevin will be the only person touching my car for tuning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts