Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
@Webster, Get some of this....

Yellow Product Leather Wax Material property

Most scratches that happen on that kind of HARD plastic come from there being dirt on it and someone tries to wipe it away. they will almost certainly polish out. After using this product, your plastics will really shine.

If you use a California Duster for interiors, the small triangle one, you can effectively avoid scratches.

Reactions: sharkcohen

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Webster, Get some of this....

View attachment 58599

Most scratches that happen on that kind of HARD plastic come from there being dirt on it and someone tries to wipe it away. they will almost certainly polish out. After using this product, your plastics will really shine.

If you use a California Duster for interiors, the small triangle one, you can effectively avoid scratches.
thank you sir! Do you suggest I only dust my plastics? Or dust them before cleaning?

·
Registered
645 Posts
dust before cleaning, the california duster is amazing. Actually, thats pretty much all I use inside the car for dust that accumulates on the dash and center console.

Reactions: pkgmsu2000

·
Registered
258 Posts
Define "quality microfibers" please. The ones Walmart sells are not quality at all, especially the blue/white ones. As far as cleaners go, the Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer is just fine. Mist your towel and the plastic prior to wiping. If you are dry wiping then that's where the issue is. In my wife's 2011 Regal she has the piano black trim and it is the absolute worst thing I have ever seen in a vehicle. I literally have to polish it from the dusting (dry wipe). The Meguiar's QID is safe for the radio screen but I suggest only spraying your towel when wiping, never directly spray electronics if possible.

·
Registered
645 Posts
@rwright, I agree, most "cheap" microfiber towels are pretty much worthless, especially before they are washed the first time. It seems like they have something on them that prevents them from doing the intended job. I like the towels I get at Autozone, they are like $8.49 for three towels. I wash and dry them first however. Maquiars freaking rocks....but I think most care care products are best applied to the towel first....about the only thing I put straight on the car is "Quick Detailer".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.