Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it come with one stock in the front or rear?
Do you think aftermarket will be made?
I lowered my old car and got a huge ass sway bar with wide tires. It handeled like a dream :)

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
My limited has them front and rear, not sure about other models though. Hotchix is working on a set, and I'm sure others are doing the same.

I haven't paid much attention to the front bar, but the rear is little bitty.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
That made me lol.
I didn't catch that the first time I read it...lol.
I'd like to watch those Hotchix making the sway bar!!;)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Does it come with one stock in the front or rear?
Do you think aftermarket will be made?
I lowered my old car and got a huge ass sway bar with wide tires. It handeled like a dream :)
Sway bar size is as much a balancing act then anything else. Fwd you want the larger bar in the front and rwd you typically want the larger in the rear. It comes down to if your aim is oversteer, understeer or neutral and unfortunately fwd has understeer problems due to the obvious fact your drive tires are also trying to aim the car and opposing forces are not usually a good thing. Any car benefits from sway bars but especially fwd cars IMO. Look forward to some being released. Wish Mopar would hurry up because I'd like to Mopar out the Mopar edition but I may not be patient enough ;)

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
We already have adjustable rear endlinks and billet aluminum swaybar bushing brackets prototyped, and have been waiting for someone to release some aftermarket bars. We don't have the facilities or the experience to bend and treat spring-steel like what is necessary for making sway bars.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Have talked with eibach they are willing to start making more parts for the dart if they start to see more of a demand from us. I will be calling them back in a few days to see where they are at on the matter. If they do go ahead with it ill be droping my car off with them. I have provided there info in another thread. Tread name is eibach

·
Registered
58 Posts
not sure if you guys know or not but if and when sway bars come out for us you will need to drop the front cross member to change out the front sway bar.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I spoke with chief engineer Aaron Ogawa at Hotchkis today and the sway bars should be available by the end of October, I am supposed to have the prototype bars on my car early October for testing if all goes well. Hotchkis is very thorough with their testing so they may not be available till after the SEMA show in Las Vegas November 5-8.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I spoke with chief engineer Aaron Ogawa at Hotchkis today and the sway bars should be available by the end of October, I am supposed to have the prototype bars on my car early October for testing if all goes well. Hotchkis is very thorough with their testing so they may not be available till after the SEMA show in Las Vegas November 5-8.
Front and rear, anything about sizes?

By the way, what size are stock sway bars?

·
Registered
58 Posts
it is a pita. A lot of newer cars with Macpherson suspension run the sway bar over the sub frame and because of the bends in the bar you have to unbolt the cross member to change it and if you put it back on wrong you will f up your alignment if you can use a lift. had to do this on the new si

1 - 14 of 14 Posts