Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today whwn turning off of my street heard a clunk and car started riding crazy rough. Within a couple blocks tire on passenger side in rear blew. After stopping to look I noticed that nit only was the wheel sitting really off but the tire had been really eaten up on inside Wall. Camber is way off with top of wheel going in and top if shock is like towards the rear of car instead of inline with wheel up and down . can someone please help with what could be problem thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Jack up that side and take off the compact spare, then take a pic.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
That actually looks normal. How about a a view from the back like this:

dartrearspring.jpg

And a view from underneath:

dartrearlowercontrolarm.jpg

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Still looks normal. There is a lot of aluminum in the suspension components. Look for any cracks, anything rubbing, or loose bolts.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Yes a shot bushing would affect camber. Not sure if the bushing is a separate part, you may need the entire piece. If you have pry bar, see if you can get it to move to confirm the condition of the bushing.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
i would have to agree, that bushing is part of the the piece that controls lateral stabilization. What was your tire rotation like? did you rotate tires regular? any rust or any other problems before hand? Takes a lot to chew up a tire and go flat. was the tire rubbing on something?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tbh I never did the tire rotation at all on tires and the back tires were pretty scalloped prior to that happening. It could have very well punctured on the tread and rim ate up inside of tire cause the inside tread on my rear tires were scalloped pretty bad. You could feel it really shake at 80mph n would Get worse with increase of speed. I’m pretty sure that’s what caused the damaged bushings too

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Abnormal tire wear could be because of incorrect alignment. Did you check the bushing with a pry bar? Did you check for loose bolts?

Rear camber is adjusted here:

dartalignment2.jpg

Rear toe is adjusted here:

dartalignment3.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts