Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day, I was looking through a few different sites online just seeing if any new parts/products have popped up for the 2.4. Sure enough, on summit racing's site, they have an exhaust system for the 2.4. Its summit brand, and is reasonably priced, but ive never seen it before. Has anyone come across this or is anyone running this on their car?

Screenshot (6).png

·
Super Moderator
4,840 Posts
The other day, I was looking through a few different sites online just seeing if any new parts/products have popped up for the 2.4. Sure enough, on summit racing's site, they have an exhaust system for the 2.4. Its summit brand, and is reasonably priced, but ive never seen it before. Has anyone come across this or is anyone running this on their car?

View attachment 49129
That's a pretty good price. I live locally to a summit lol

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I just went to HT's website. The pics of it installed on their car are the same pics on Summit's website. Must just be rebranded... I Thought I was on to something there!

Reactions: youngsmith53

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yeah I just went to HT's website. The pics of it installed on their car are the same pics on Summit's website. Must just be rebranded... I Thought I was on to something there!
That or summit is just using the pics and what you get for $400 could be completely different...but nobody knows til someone orders it. :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Most likely it is made in the same factory but stamped summit. They buy mass quantities to do just that. Most summit items are rebranded good quality items. Their ring gears are Richmond, I bought a set of summit branded heads for my 350 and they are actually made by Dart. It's almost always going to be the case, so you end up saving money on the exact same part from the same factory... Just with a different name on it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
so now someone needs to order it, throw it on (preferably with the Modern Header) and let us know if it's "actually" worth it! So...who's it gonna be? :big smile:

·
Premium Member
3,904 Posts
wish i had duel tips...dont want to buy this and have to plug one side or hack it up. i like the fact that its bolt on. easier assembly. 400$...tempting.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
wish i had duel tips...dont want to buy this and have to plug one side or hack it up. i like the fact that its bolt on. easier assembly. 400$...tempting.
I still have my stock dual exhaust rear facia...just sayin... :)

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
@youngsmith53 you actually save about $100, because if you choose regular ground shipping for summit, they don't charge you for s&h. Mufflermonster charges $38 for shipping the exhaust system out to michigan. Summit=$400 after shipping, mufflermonster=$501 after shipping.
even better!!! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
@rjsiecinski if you head over to the 2.4L mods sub-forum you will notice that there is a thread on mating the Heartthrob with a MPx Header. Summit Racing and Heartthrob is the same exhaust rebranded to sell more of them. Heartthrob is owned by Summit from what I've been reading on the forums.

·
Registered
449 Posts
does it come to pittsburgh at a reasonable price?
Shoot me a PM. I'm sure it can find it's way to Pittsburgh pretty cheap

Reactions: youngsmith53

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Heartthrob and SUMMIT's exhausts are the exact same, just rebranded. FYI, there is no "stamping" on the Heartthrob kits. I doubt SUMMIT would have it stamped as well.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Summit is my go to place for go fast goodies. I have the Summit brand exhaust on my Barracuda. If you shop there you will get coupons from them for some pretty impressive savings.

I had a $50 off on a $250 purchase and they gave me all $50 on a $175 purchase. They also have their own credit card that depending on the dollars of the purchase they give you 3 months to a year of no interest.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts