Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I’m on my 3rd battery today. Just put a new one in and it’s been less than 2 yrs; I have a Duralast Gold right now does anyone know of any that lasts longer? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
When the warranty is longer, you are probably paying more for the extra time they will cover it. Not sure if those are made different. I do believe batteries are now inferior to what was available even just 10 years ago. When I traded in my '03 Dakota, it still had the original battery, that's 15 years, and it was still starting strong.
It's been quite a few years since I bought any battery for my vehicles so I can't really speak from experience for what is available now. Last one I bought was Interstate in my NYG ACR Neon and it's about 8 years old. There's a 10 year old Sears Die Hard in one of my other Neons and a 9 year old Napa in the other.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow that’s a really long time. I’ll check into Sears. Not many left now. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
788 Posts
So, I’m on my 3rd battery today. Just put a new one in and it’s been less than 2 yrs; I have a Duralast Gold right now does anyone know of any that lasts longer? Thanks
Yeah Im on like my 3rd or 4th as well. I had the Duralast gold in mine too, I think I replaced that one twice with my last one going out about 2 months ago so this time I went to Pepboys and picked up a Champion AGM and trying that one. Seems like batteries are only lasting about a year and half in the car.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow that’s crazy to me... alpine said it’s because all the extra electronics in cars today. Keep me posted on howling through battery lasts.. how long is the replacement period?

·
Registered
140 Posts
One thing that takes out batteries faster than anything are frequent short drives. If you don't put some mileage on it you should be hooking a battery charger up to keep it topped off using a trickle charge. Allowing a battery to discharge down all the way a lot can also take it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts