Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im new on this forum but i bought a 2014 dodge dart gt 2.4l with the Uconmect system. I installed my amp and speakers using a line out converter and tapped into the front door speakers. The problem I'm having is that my subs are playing in full range mode instead of low range. They are playing but its not playing the way i want them to. It doesnt have that hitting and big bass. Its barely enough to hear over the door speakers. Is there any way to fix this? I have an audiopip 1500 watt amp and 2 kicker 15s. In my other car they are banging but its not acting right in this car. Its like they are playing as door speakers instead of subwoofers.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ok Im new on this forum but i bought a 2014 dodge dart gt 2.4l with the Uconmect system. I installed my amp and speakers using a line out converter and tapped into the front door speakers. The problem I'm having is that my subs are playing in full range mode instead of low range. They are playing but its not playing the way i want them to. It doesnt have that hitting and big bass. Its barely enough to hear over the door speakers. Is there any way to fix this? I have an audiopip 1500 watt amp and 2 kicker 15s. In my other car they are banging but its not acting right in this car. Its like they are playing as door speakers instead of subwoofers.
Your amp should have a low pass filter which might be listed as LPF on the side of it with a frequency range typically adjusted with a flat head screwdriver, but not always.

If your amp doesn't have one you'll have to buy it and install it in between. Ive never seen one that doesnt and most even have both low pass and high pass filters.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I don't know much about audio but could the stock amp be messing with things too?
Nope! The full signal is sent from the speakers to the to the line level converter he has to the amplifier and theres no "smarts" to what is sent at any point.

Its either the line converter or the amps job to eliminate whatever frequencies you don't want going to your speaker by using a filter. You can disable the filter and have the full range going to it which would be ideal for powering a set of set of 6x9s for example with another amp, or you can cut off the lows with a high pass filter in the same situation.

You can also cut off the high frequencies which you wouldnt want going to a sub using the low pass filter, but its all done on his secondary amp. His Audiopipe amp has LPF listed on the side with a frequency range of 60-180hz. 180 might sound like all audio is going through, but its not and hell want to knock it down a bit to get what he wants.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The settings i have on it now are the same that i had in my other car. The amp only has a frequency dial. It doesn't have a switch tp change from low to high. Im wondering if i feed the signal through a crossover then to the line converter if that would help. Or get one of those converters that has high mid and bass adjustments. I also read somewhere that to get subwoofer signal you tie into the right rear speaker.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think thats what i was talking about. You can find them cheaper then $17.99 though, but it will work.

I have mine tied to the 3.5 inch speakers so not even the 6x9s or the dangling cables and its fine without that. Every amp is different though so mileage will vary.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think im going to get this. It converts the high level inputs into subwoofer outputs and you can adjust the bass. The other LOC i got from walmart and it sucks. It doesnt give the subs that big boom that it should have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts