Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ordered correct part for year of car but had to shave down and bang in strut to fit...wondered if anyone else experienced or had an easier way to assemble

·
Registered
736 Posts
everyone have their own way of doing it some safer than other

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone experienced having a hard time replacing front struts?
Yes! I'm having trouble, getting the first one back in. No trouble whatsoever removing. I measured and they're just too big. I Suspect they know this and don't care as this is my 2nd set, they're making them too big. Or don't know which ones go where.
2013 1.4 manual, Rallye.

·
Registered
2015 SXT Vitaman C
89 Posts
Hit up you tube, there is many ways to beat this horse.

After reading here and watching a few you tube vids I was very reluctant, even as a life long heavy equipment mech. then I thought its just a strut. No more no less.

I did mine by myself in short order and without a hitch and yes the you tube vids were helpful so im sure they will help you.

Six good vids on the top of this page.

I did use mopar struts with the same PN as the ones that came off, ive heard some cheaper ones vary a bit.... dont be cheap, step up and do a proper job.

There are also vids on swaping the coil springs if you dont know how to do it as well.... $12 ebay cheepie can do it. The vids are funny, if teens are doing it you can too.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Dart+strut+replacement

·
Registered
857 Posts
Yes! I'm having trouble, getting the first one back in. No trouble whatsoever removing. I measured and they're just too big. I Suspect they know this and don't care as this is my 2nd set, they're making them too big. Or don't know which ones go where.
2013 1.4 manual, Rallye.
I pulled up the All Data info on it. I think the trick is using the pry bar on the lower control arm. I took pictures of the article with my phone and added them to Imgur.

Removal:
Installation:

·
Super Moderator
4,899 Posts
You need a really long solid pry bar. I have pulled struts at the junkyard and that is the only way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts