Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,654 Posts
Did you notice a blue paint line where the mount and spring line up on the original mount?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I didn't have it out.
My mechanic installed them. And been chasing my tail past few months as I've been rebuilding suspension all around.
Had mechanic replace a few things until I had to get involved because things just started going weird from there. And I do not have the money to have somebody else try and figure it out. So in 4 months I've learned how to completely rebuild my whole suspension driveline all of that. Do alignments manifold gaskets fuel injectors whatever. my car is 4 and 1/2 years old have a hundred and eighty thousand miles on it all rideshare miles in a city that is overwhelmed with potholes and speed bumps.
And yesterday I apparently somehow came across this issue turn them to line them up properly or at least figure out how to line up properly and realized they were installed wrong and that's the biggest reason I've been chasing my tail for the past few months.
I am on the spectrum and have complex PTSD and highly sensitive too noise has and lights and everything so yes factor all that in this is been driving me insane first few months but I now understand my car on an insane level it will never allow this to happen again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you notice a blue paint line where the mount and spring line up on the original mount?
View attachment 126352
So I had to line it up while it was still installed, so not a simple task when you can't see what your doing, and there's still some form of resistance making hard to feel where that engagement is.
Was just curious is there was a simple way to know when it's still installed. But I think I got lucky with it this morning.
Haven't had this kind of stability and consistency in awhile. It feels like a new car again. Just need to stay in top of any possible fall out from the wear and tear or damage that might have caused any of the other components. But I think I may have caught it in time guess we'll see.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Next time I will do everything all at once. Already stockpiling backups. Never again piecing together one set at a time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts