Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking at possible upgrades, and was looking at the MPx Front Strut Bar. Would this fit a 2015 2.4l? It says it fits all 1.4l Turbos but doesnt say for 2.4s

·
Registered
182 Posts
A strut bar on a Dart is for looks only. The factory actually has reinforced the body making a strut bar a cosmetic part. Use your money for other more useful mods, unless you're going for looks only.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
If you're looking to upgrade the handling, you would be better off just getting the rear sway bar/end links upgraded.

·
Registered
165 Posts
A strut bar on a Dart is for looks only. The factory actually has reinforced the body making a strut bar a cosmetic part. Use your money for other more useful mods, unless you're going for looks only.
...and, all the front sway bars out now will pretty much limit what you can use as a CAI -if that is important to you.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
It would probably work with that new 2.4 intake that the guy from Facebook does that routes the intake down by the transmission, but I can't see it working any other way.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your answers, I didn't know about the reinforced body, so I will not buy the strut, I will probably just stick with the RRM Rear sway bar

·
Banned
773 Posts
Will not fit the 2.4 without serious modification, I tried. Ended up selling the bar.
what did it not fit over?

also with the GT the suspension is the strong point. honestly i work on the weak points first. so CAI, exhaust, RRM Light weight pulley. would be the first mods i start with. if you have manual get a short throw shifter.

·
Banned
1,383 Posts
Got my strut bar put in today. About 25 min. install, just jack up your car, no need to remove the fenderwell liners and bolt plates down, the bolt in the bar itself, making sure everything is nice and tight.

DSCN0918.JPG

DSCN0917.JPG

DSCN0919.JPG

Reactions: Pretty Boy Floyd

·
Banned
1,383 Posts
Did you think it helped your handling at all?
I only drive 4 mi. to work across town, so I dunno really. I won't get a good feel of what it did until I can get it out on some twisty country roads that I drive on periodically and see. I think for under $90 shipped its a nice buy though.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
jealous :( 2.0 owner

·
Registered
588 Posts
For anyone interested in any suspension upgrades, as well as intakes or exhausts let me know. i have been adding things to our website at a rapid pace lately. Select a Product | DamnFastDD.com

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Ok so another question, which should I go with between the RRM Rear Sway bar and the Progress Rear Sway Bar
They are the exact same sway bar. RRM sells the Progress sway bar. If you go for end links and the rear sway bar at the same time, get it all at BWoody. They sell the sway bar for $179.99 and so does Modern Performance.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Here is a special tool you may need to get the nuts started on the bolts securing the front strut bar rings.
DSCN0535.JPG ; It's called Duct Tape.
I didn't even jack the car to install mine. You have to watch out for that rubber gasket at the top of the strut if it blocks the holes. I just stuck a small screwdriver into the hole to move it aside and as a guide getting the nut in place before starting the bolt into the nut. It is a simple job, but if you have the 2.4, don't bother because you can't install it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
...and, all the front sway bars out now will pretty much limit what you can use as a CAI -if that is important to you.

the front sway bars do nothing to limit the CAI u can use. i have the eibach front and rear swaybar kits installed and have no issue installing the HPSI CIA w/ ramair tube. the swaybar mounts at the control arm and then behind the engine above the subframe.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
The Progress bar an the RRM bar are the same thing. RRM sells the Progress bar at a slightly marked up price. Avoid the middleman. Go to the BWoody site where they also sell the beefed up end links and the Progress sway bar.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts