Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
I was just looking around at mine the other day and I think mine was .48 a/r, I can't remember for sure. I can take a look tomorrow.

·
Registered
545 Posts
here is whats in mine
hey that's not an exhaust housing.... really the intake a/r is pretty irrelevant. torkme was quoting the exhaust a/r which is an indicator of how fast it spools. you really just look at a pressure map of an intake when choosing a turbo but the exhaust you tune with different a/r housings. it's area/radius. the radius doesn't change much if the turbine is the same so that ratio is an indicator of area and nozzle and exhaust velocity.

if torkme is right about the inducer diameter being 34mm (seems he is..) the power potential might already be reached with a tuning box.. but acording to this document the exhaust a/r is .67... i also found a pressure map and it seems before it loses significant efficiency or risks exploding the turbo (after a conversion) can push just about 20lb/min air which i figure 1lb/min equates to roughly 10hp on a street car but may be 12 to no more than 13 if everything is tuned. looks like to get 250hp you have to have your stuff perfect and most people will be at the 200hp mark..

·
Registered
545 Posts
Does anyone know how much boost darts are putting out stock?
22psi but it drops before redline unless the air gets really hot, that's about 2.5:1 pressure ratio if you want to see what that looks like on the pressure map which i linked to above (gt1446)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts