Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched all over for the specs on the Stock Turbo...Can't find it anywhere. If anyone knows or can find out that would be great!

·
Registered
663 Posts
All I seen about the stock turbo online is this: Stock RPM. 210,000 RPM yes 210,000 but capable of 230,000 RPM. boost 18-22psi Made by Garret ( not 100% sure though on builder). Todd when I find the link I will post

the U.S., the compression ratio is 9.8:1; the engine can run on regular but premium is preferred. The engine takes four quarts of oil, synthetic 5W-40 recommended, with oil change intervals are set at 8,000 miles. Coil-on-plug ignition fires dual-tip spark plugs. Fuel injectors spray at the intake valves. The turbocharger spins up to 230,000 rpm [verified by engineer David M. Schmidt], forcing extra air into the cylinders; it normally runs at 210,000 rpm. The system uses two charge air coolers (commonly referred to as intercoolers) behind the driver- and passenger-side air inlets; these reduce the heat of the high-pressure air, allowing for higher air density and reducing the potential for engine knock. Observers say boost peaks at a whopping 18 psi, far higher than past Chrysler limits.

P.s. link from dart-mouth.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd like to know as much as possible about it so I will know what to do with the stock turbo....if I could make new turbines and keep the housing or should I just start fresh with a new turbo.

A/R of the housing,
Size of housing,
Diameters of the inducer/exducer
trim.
Etc,.

Whatever will help.

·
Registered
715 Posts
The system uses two charge air coolers (commonly referred to as intercoolers) behind the driver- and passenger-side air inlets; these reduce the heat of the high-pressure air, allowing for higher air density and reducing the potential for engine knock.
The Abarth uses this system. The Dart has a single FMIC.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Ran the google search "Garrett Turbo Fiat 500 Abarth" and have a number of websites stating that it's running a Garrett GT 1446 turbo, but when I look through the products on the Garrett site I don't see that particular turbo listed. Will keep looking...

Quoted from the Fiat 500 USA forum: The US Abarth has the Garrett GT1446 turbo which is on the Ferrari Tributo, Assetto Corse, and R3T.

Reactions: DunndeDunn

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
I'd like to know as much as possible about it so I will know what to do with the stock turbo....if I could make new turbines and keep the housing or should I just start fresh with a new turbo.

A/R of the housing,
Size of housing,
Diameters of the inducer/exducer
trim.
Etc,.

Whatever will help.
048 AR on the exhaust housing
Inducer on the compressor wheel 34 ish mm
Inducer on the turbine wheel 33 ish mm
Trim is going to be very specific but based on the math, it appears to be a 42trim compressor wheel
Turbine wheel is unlike anything we have ever seen, super heavy lay over on the blade tip so don't know what trim to give it.

Journal bearing, both water and oil feed, tiny compressor housing and the compressor to turbine wheel ratio is close as I have ever seen 1 to 1.

Upgrade's should be posted soon in our section here on the forums.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Here's some pics of the GARRETT (model #: GT1446GLSZ; part #: 810944-5004/5 S; OEM part #: 04892938AC/D) turbocharger used on 2013 Dodge Darts with the 1.4L MutltiAir engine:

GARRETT Turbo pic 1 (by DL500).jpg

GARRETT Turbo pic 2 (by DL500).jpg

GARRETT Turbo pic 3 (by DL500).jpg
all images by DL500

1 - 20 of 29 Posts