Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good-day all,

I have an serious issue:question:. I finished installing my amp kit on Sunday evening. After hooking up the amp lead to the battery, one of the terminals must have come loose because now the stereo is asking for a security code. Well, I didn't set one up from the dealer when I purchased my car. My question: is there a default manufacture code to input?

Thanks in advance

· Registered
280 Posts
Usually the security codes are inside the glove box or the inside of the door panels

Sent from my iPhone using DodgeDart

· Registered
25 Posts
Have the same problem,radio locked up[no sound to speakers,but time is moving on anount of song played.Thought would disconnect battery negative wait 30 sec.approx. then reconnect,all I get is "enter radio securety code" after 3 attempts now get "wait 30 minutes before trying again" message.Left the car alone for 3/4 hour ,tryed again - same message.Read this post,and there is no codes or any stickers or anything in glove box,checked every door jam,only drivers door has sticker with GVW info,date of manufacter,VIN,no codes.Guess I will have to talk to dealer in the morning after they open.{ II also tryed turing on ignition to "acc" and leaving for 10 min,then turning off,and trying again,no change - same message.I have 8.4 touch screen with NAV,and also keyless start,think its called trip start.
Any help greatly appreceated as the dealer is across town from me,48km away.

· Registered
3,438 Posts
Have the same problem,radio locked up[no sound to speakers,but time is moving on anount of song played.Thought would disconnect battery negative wait 30 sec.approx. then reconnect,all I get is "enter radio securety code" after 3 attempts now get "wait 30 minutes before trying again" message.Left the car alone for 3/4 hour ,tryed again - same message.Read this post,and there is no codes or any stickers or anything in glove box,checked every door jam,only drivers door has sticker with GVW info,date of manufacter,VIN,no codes.Guess I will have to talk to dealer in the morning after they open.{ II also tryed turing on ignition to "acc" and leaving for 10 min,then turning off,and trying again,no change - same message.I have 8.4 touch screen with NAV,and also keyless start,think its called trip start.
Any help greatly appreceated as the dealer is across town from me,48km away.
Start your engine it should go away, mine did .... as soon it detects your key it should be unblocked.. you mean button which needs to be pushed to start your engine? That is not tip start, tip start is - In the automatic transmission vehicles, you only need to turn the key to "start" for an instant, and the computer will continue to crank the engine until it has started for you. Most new cars (CANbus cars) will do this, since the ignition is no longer wired to the starter relay. Its just a switch wired to the computer. But anyway, start your engine...

· Registered
25 Posts
thanks for the reply - MADE IN USSR . The dART HAS "Keyless Enter-N-Go" the key floy stays in my pocket and I press brake petal and while holding that on push start buton.I tryed starting the car after and even went around block,message did not disapear = no sound from speakers,and still have "wait 30 minute " message.In the morning I am thinking of disconnecting battery negatve terminal and leaving it that way for at least 30 minutes,then reconnect and see what I get.
Thank you.

· Registered
418 Posts
The code should be in the glove box like stated above. If you cannot find it, the dealer you purchased the car from can look up the security code for you.

I had this happen to my 2012 ram 3500. I bought the NAV radio for it off of eBay. Installed it and the security code screen popped up. The original radio owner had to get the code from his dealer so I could unlock it.

· Registered
25 Posts
quick update = next morning, tryed above suggestions,still had "radio locked " message,at that point decided to drive to dealer - 45 mimutes away.Turned Radio screen off{radio has NAV.] was going by sterio shop,about 20 mintes into ride to dealer,decided to stop in there.Figured they must run into this problem ,as they install sterios and stuff in vehecles.Pulled into lot and checked display,to my amazement , the radio was reset!! no code just the radio display,as it should be.Guess it just needed time to reset itself,while running.Thank you all for your assistance and help.

· Administrator
6,301 Posts
How old is the battery? Does it crank and not start or does it not even crank?
There is a sticker on the radio that is above the glove box. That serial number and your VIN can get you the code from a dealer or there are online sources.

Reactions: Mooretep
1 - 12 of 12 Posts